MARGERINE OR BUTTER.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Noooooooo not the bread!!! Just the butter!

... Hence my "sensitivity" in my initial post, not showing John Lydon tucking into a slice of toasted buttered white.? ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A nutritionist told me if you leave some butter and some margarine outside overnight the butter will be eaten and the marg will be left alone. The birds and animals don't even recognise it as food! (Haven't tried it myself though)

That says everything about marge, bearing in mind cats have been known to drink coolant leaking from cars..

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Smoking, noise and drunks.
I tried Flora for the first time last week. What awful rubbish these margarine companies are producing. I guess you could use it to grease car door hinges at a push. Its just foul. How governments allow this stuff in its many forms too be sold is beyond me. I use butter to cook a steak, maybe with a little olive oil or sunflower oil to stop it burning. Butter is natural and has a great many more uses too. It supports our farmers also. Wonderful stuff. Just a tip to anyone out there intolerant to milk. You should be able to have the cream. Its all fat. The milk is mostly protein and that is more than likely what your intolerant too. Hope this helps someone out there. :)

Reactions: 7 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im going with olive oil rather than butter or margine. I like to be different or is that difficult?

Tinmis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
illness
Butter but you can't get through to some people, my good lady keeps bringing in the easy spread lurpack "Which tastes just like butter", I don't use but children always go for the easy option.