Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Very annoyed, Dr forgot to order my HBA1C with the blood test at the Lab, so I didn't get it :-( Have to wait another 3 months :-(

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lowest ever for me 7% im nearly in the 6's i so cant wait to be 6. Something.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
6.1 % currently on no insulin atm so plodding along

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Had a second test done this week (due to a high creatinine level on the first) and got results today. HBA1C was 4.9 % so happy with that (creatinine was also back in limits)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yet again for the 3rd year running my Hba1c is 6.5 %. The first year I was told "well done - great", for the past two years I`ve been told that it is too LOW and have to have it repeated in 4 months time. I think I should be praised for keeping it so constant. Why do they keep moving the goalposts?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Daisy - be proud of yourself, you had a lot of stress recently, yet you still got a 5.5, some people would give their eye teeth for that.
Well done you, CONGRATULATIONS :thumbup: :clap:
My goodness my GP would be having a fit if mine were that low. I get told off for my 6.5 being too low !!

Lilliepop

My goodness my GP would be having a fit if mine were that low. I get told off for my 6.5 being too low !!
I don't understand these results what is 6.5 I understand on home metre but with the HbA1c my last one was 42 so how do I work that out. I'm prediabetic so far as I know. It's all very confusing.

Lilliepop

Had a second test done this week (due to a high creatinine level on the first) and got results today. HBA1C was 4.9 % so happy with that (creatinine was also back in limits)
Hi. Why do you have to have your creatinine checked? I have to have mine checked because I have had a kidney transplant. I didn't realise that creatinine was anything to do with HBAC. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi. Why do you have to have your creatinine checked? I have to have mine checked because I have had a kidney transplant. I didn't realise that creatinine was anything to do with HBAC. Hope you don't mind me asking.

It was a 'full' blood test and part of it was to check kidney function. Creatinine has nothing to do with HBA1C as you rightly state , I only mentioned it because the first blood test in March the doctor forgot to order HBA1C and due to high creatinine a second full blood test was performed. Sorry for the confusion.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Clinic last week 6.6% or 49 in new numbers I am buzzing dsn was almost in tears she knows how much I've been trying

Reactions: 3 people