Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Happy Birthday! Have a great birthday meal :). Maybe a teeny weeny dessert to celebrate? Finished off with a nice drink to get the bg down? :D
Thanks @KimG .
I had a chinese in all you can eat and i was very disciplined. Only naughty was sauces. Post bg 7.8. Well impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't like their desserts so worked well. :)
I wonder what fbg will be tomorrow?

Reactions: 15 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @KimG .
I had a chinese in all you can eat and i was very disciplined. Only naughty was sauces. Post bg 7.8. Well impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't like their desserts so worked well. :)
I wonder what fbg will be tomorrow?
Glad you enjoyed it! It'll be interesting to see what your bg will be. I shouldn't worry about it, it's not like you do this on a regular basis. It'll be back down in no time :playful:

Reactions: 6 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 at 4.10 and 6.4 at 6.15 ... bedtime reading (23.05) was 5.9, injected 7 units of levemir and had a protein snack (not the one I'd intended to have as wasn't sure about whether I still need to inject or not so took a safer option - 13 carbs and 25 protein and seemed to work pretty well (thanks @ickihun for the tip and Happy Birthday!)

Reactions: 25 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.9 at 4.10 and 6.4 at 6.15 ... bedtime reading (23.05) was 5.9, injected 7 units of levemir and had a protein snack (not the one I'd intended to have as wasn't sure about whether I still need to inject or not so took a safer option - 13 carbs and 25 protein and seemed to work pretty well (thanks @ickihun for the tip and Happy Birthday!)
Well done @david1968 you did all the hard work. Excellent result!
The power of the right food! :)

Reactions: 8 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @david1968 you did all the hard work. Excellent result!
The power of the right food! :)

Thank you, but I couldn't have done it without you! Still a bit confused though - if I had the protein snack that I'd thought about having (the 1.8 carb, 20 protein one) should I still be injecting Levemir??

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Morning

Reactions: 17 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you, but I couldn't have done it without you! Still a bit confused though - if I had the protein snack that I'd thought about having (the 1.8 carb, 20 protein one) should I still be injecting Levemir??
@david1968 you should always take the advice of your dn or gp about your insulin. I can tell you what I've done but cannot advise on insulin levels. Everyones is different. I've reduced my insulin due to low carb and canagliflozin tablet.
Low carb will keep your levels lower. Everyone is finding that.
Some people don't need to be extremely low carb, some do.
I have to when on insulin only as heavy insulin use makes me weigh more.
I reduce my insulin as my bgs get lower and lower. That's been my choice. My dn allows me free reign to try and improve my weight problem which is exaggerated by the underactive thyroid.
Your right not to take too much in case of a bad hypo.

Reactions: 2 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun I wasn't so much asking how much insulin as to whether I still need to inject if I have a protein snack. As I understand things, protein does increase your levels but much slower than carb so not sure if I just have the snack to hopefully keep my levels stable until morning or whether I still need to inject as well if I'm not taking any more carbs on board. Guess it another case of seeing how it works? Oh, and thanks for the warning about whey protein.

Reactions: 2 people