ANNOYING

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I decided tonight I wanted a Mcdonalds, I didnt want to cook I wanted something quick and easy..Fine..I ordered a meal and said a DIET coke no ice. They read back the order to me and said DIET.. Perfect.

Get home munch the food and drink the drink didnt think anymore about it about 2 hours later my friend calls and says shes abit down do I want to meet her so I say yes and meet her In a pub for a drink.. I order a diet pepsi again tasted flat but fine a lot of pump pepsi and cokes taste weird anyway Ive come home and done my reading before bed and its 30!

30 higher than when i was first diagnosed. Im so annoyed. Im now sat awake not being able to sleep because I have to keep checking my bloods making sure theyre going down after taking more insulin. ITS NOT THAT HARD TO LISTEN AND PRESS THE DIET BUTTON ***.
People are stupid. I met someone on the Xpert course who looks after a younger disabled relative. They went out and he wanted a coke - told them diet only - so they did the same stupid thing and he became really ill.

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
People are stupid. I met someone on the Xpert course who looks after a younger disabled relative. They went out and he wanted a coke - told them diet only - so they did the same stupid thing and he became really ill.

I wrote an email to headoffice about it and received vouchers but i know they didnt understand how serious it wqas and how much worse it could have been. Stupid!

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wrote an email to headoffice about it and received vouchers but i know they didnt understand how serious it wqas and how much worse it could have been. Stupid!
No. They wouldn't have any idea. Vouchers just to shut you up. When I visited a friend in Vietnam last month meals were a worry. A waiter volunteered to write a note saying I was diabetic so didn't want sugar adding to meals and no rice. I showed this at a few places; I used google translate to try to explain - and usually they still brought a bowl of sugar for my coffee.

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
People dont understand how ill we can get but unforunately i dont think they ever will and its something well have to accept! and people wonder why i get a little angry sometimes

Reactions: 2 people