Blurred vision since I've changed my diet and on Metformin

JoeyK

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Other
I've been no carb pretty much 5 days now and on meds....my blood sugars have been a lot better in the last 2 days I had blurred vision when looking at my phone and reading labels....like I can't focus. Is this normal as blood sugars change?

Reactions: 2 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
It is extremely common. Can I suggest that you give the search function a go, rather than opening a lot of separate threads as you will find a lot of answers to the questions you are asking.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been no carb pretty much 5 days now and on meds....my blood sugars have been a lot better in the last 2 days I had blurred vision when looking at my phone and reading labels....like I can't focus. Is this normal as blood sugars change?

It's a very common thing to happen, but usually sorts itself out in fairly short order. For some its days and others it can take a couple of weeks.

If it helps, you might benefit from some of the cheapest reading glasses you can fin - Poundland or Tesco for example, just to last until things get better. Don't, whatever you do, spend money having new glasses made up!

For some, their long distance vision is also impacted, so please be very careful if you feel you have to drive at all.

JoeyK

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Other
Is it normal to have trouble focusing? Like double vision when reading this site?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yes as your blood glucose levels come down it is common as others stated above. It will settle and for me my eyesight has actually improved in that I do not need glasses for distance any more. So just keep doing wat you are doing and it will settle

JoeyK

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Other
Thanks. I notice it more at night....when I took my BS a few times it was around 95.

Cookie02392

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I was diagnosed Type 2 a month ago, and had this exact problem, it was quite scary as I also had double vision, and it actually affected my balance too.

In the last couple of days my eyes seam to have gotten back to normal, and its coinsided with seeing a rapid drop in my BG readings, I'm regularly seeing ranged between 4-7mmol/L now and feel much better, well apart from getting a bit of a cold from the kids !

I got some reading glasses (+1.00 were fine for me) but found my eye sight was up and down all the time.

Stick with it, keep on with the LCHF diet, and your eyes will one day soon get back to normal, mine took 2 weeks to sort themselves out ..

Cookie02392

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Screenshot_20160313-044937.png