Work Lunches

Mary_m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All
I'm looking for lunch ideas to take to work. (We have a microwave to heat up stuff)
Many thanks!

Reactions: 2 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, welcome to the forums, have you received the intro information from @daisy1.

I am sure you will get lots of ideas, there are some in the "what have you eaten today" threads, are you following any specific eating regime? What you choose to eat may also depend on what medication (if any) you are taking for your diabetes.

I am LCHF vegetarian; some of the things I have taken for lunch are:

left overs from previous nights dinner

home made soup

eggs - make scrambled eggs in microwave

salads

cucumber, olives cube of cheese (my typical packed lunch)

lidl protein roll with cheese salad

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Any kind of protein on a lettuce wrap. I like tuna/chicken/egg/salmon salad with mayo on a big piece of romaine or Boston lettuce.
Guacamole and celery
Leftovers from dinner

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I make a vat of pork and vegetable soup or a Kris Dillon curry or a nice red wine vinegar dressing to have with the salad available in work or a pot of cashew nuts to munch all day

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I take a salad some days or some cucumber, celery and tomatoes with Philadelphia Cheese or a huge sandwich made of 1 slice of seeded bread crammed full of ham, chicken or whatever I have in the fridge or sometimes I'm just plain lazy, buy a roll at work and eat half of it but all of the filling! I always have Greek yoghurt with raspberies or blueberries though

Reactions: 2 people

Buxtonstill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Pots of prawn cocktail area brilliant quick grab option. Read the labels though. M&S and Waitrose come in at around 5-6g per pot. Lovely with some cucumber sticks.

S

Sean01

Hi All
I'm looking for lunch ideas to take to work. (We have a microwave to heat up stuff)
Many thanks!
Good question.
My list might be a bit warped from years of eating cold food:
Omlettes, hard boiled eggs
Salads
Cold meats ( I assume you are not vegetarian/vegan)
Soups (hot!)
Lots of recipes for lunches on this site - try some out. Lunch is in the office doesn't have to be difficult.

You may not be popular eating oily fish such as kippers, pilchards or sradines

Mary_m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks all for the suggestions - much appreciated. Today I'm eating homemade beef and vegetable soup - yum!