How weird ???

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning, Tested my BG at 6.30 this morning and they were 7 which 5 weeks into the LCHF lifestyle has seen a drastic change from 18. Just before b/fast now took again as I'm trying half a slice of burgen bread and it was reading 9.8 the highest I've seen it for 3 weeks. The only thing that went in my mouth was water since waking?Surely this wouldn't still class as the dawn phenomenon ?????? Confused

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey Amanda - well done on your results, that's a great effort :stop:

You have answered your own question, yes it sounds very much like dawn phenomenon, so a liver dump raising your BG, it's still not a result to worry about though, as long as you test and correct along with your food it will come down, it's just being aware of it and acting on it.

Reactions: 2 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Amanda, agree with juicyi but it might also be hormonal, I have a rise in FBG in sync with my monthly cycle.

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you call it a liver dump instead of the dawn phenomenon, then, yes, this can and does happen at any time when your liver thinks your need a bit of extra fuel to keep you going. I've often seen a rise between testing on waking and testing after getting up, washing, dressing, and making something to eat. I've also, amongst other things, seen similar rises in the afternoon or evening when I've been inactive for a while then go to feed my dogs and play with them for a while.

But health, hormones, stress, activity, etc, can all have possible effects on your glucose levels.

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BG was at its lowest ever all day at 5.5. This is all à bit weird but as long as it's going down I'll not stress. Thanks once again for guidance. Think my kids fed up hearing about it lol

Reactions: 2 people