Writing BG Management App

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Latest version (first one I try) seems to be working fine on Manjaro Linux, really sleek.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Great to hear. If you have any wishes just drop them in here

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great to hear. If you have any wishes just drop them in here

@andcol

Silly question on the BG app you've created, is there any chance of having it with a US format of Month / Day/ Year format versus the UK Day / Month/ Year format?? All the US meters use the Month/Day format and transposing these numbers can some time lead to errors?

I am doing better these days too..

One more question now that your T2DM is in remission how much exercise are you putting in weekly & are you totally a LCHF diet to this day too?

Thanks for all the help..

LBB

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I will have a look at the date/time format for you.

Exercise is interesting. I fell down the stairs and damaged my knee so have not been able to do any for over a year. I have still returned normal HbA1c. Knee is now better so I really need to get started again but seem to be struggling with motivation.

I do not low carb. I just eat like a normal person except when I binge on sweets - no wait that is like a normal person too

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will have a look at the date/time format for you.

Exercise is interesting. I fell down the stairs and damaged my knee so have not been able to do any for over a year. I have still returned normal HbA1c. Knee is now better so I really need to get started again but seem to be struggling with motivation.

I do not low carb. I just eat like a normal person except when I binge on sweets - no wait that is like a normal person too

@andcol

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to learn to program myself with Python but I'm struggling a bit with that. Your HbA1c looks really good. I am pleased for you.. If you can you could always go for a pleasant bike ride during the Summer when we have longer daylight.. I know being outside for me helps my sanity..

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@andcol

I just saw an area (if you wish to improve your app) to put another entry point. I entered a blood pressure reading today for the first time. I thought what might be a great addition to it is to add a column to put when doing a blood pressure test to put in a column for pulse rate. I get all three of these readings from my automatic bp tester, so it may be worth collating that info too for one's doctor for the future visits to him..

I am keeping well but no reversal yet.. Great control but no reversal.. I hope your vacation was a good time for you, where ever you ended up..

LBB

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@andcol

I sit here this morning filling in my numbers into the BG app you created. I am ever grateful to you for this app. This has kept me honest to my condition. My BMI has hovered around 24.8 for a long while, and for the last 18 months I've cycled about 8,000 miles up and down the beach in my Avatar. About a week ago, I watched this documentary on YouTube

& I've come to the conclusion that for me a water fast is possibly the only thing that can put my T2DM into remission. As I type this update I am still 53lbs lighter than my maximum (diabetic weight), yet as Professor Taylor would say I've yet to hit my PFT or "Personal Fat Threshold level". Taylor mentions sparkling water somewhere on his Newcastle website. That has been a Godsend for me. Andrew, thanks again for writing and creating this app..

Best wishes

LBB

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
excuse me for my dumbness, i think my bg monitor software does something like this
Mine too Andy. I use mysugr app and it has print outs or I can send it to my DN. It also tells me how much insulin to take based on how many carbs I'm eating.

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@andcol

I sit here this morning filling in my numbers into the BG app you created. I am ever grateful to you for this app. This has kept me honest to my condition. My BMI has hovered around 24.8 for a long while, and for the last 18 months I've cycled about 8,000 miles up and down the beach in my Avatar. About a week ago, I watched this documentary on YouTube

& I've come to the conclusion that for me a water fast is possibly the only thing that can put my T2DM into remission. As I type this update I am still 53lbs lighter than my maximum (diabetic weight), yet as Professor Taylor would say I've yet to hit my PFT or "Personal Fat Threshold level". Taylor mentions sparkling water somewhere on his Newcastle website. That has been a Godsend for me. Andrew, thanks again for writing and creating this app..

Best wishes

LBB

@andcol

The cycling has continued and while I've logged 10,000 miles now on Strava I've 1100 miles logged on "MapmyRide" too. + a bunch of mile that weren't logged but tagged at about 2000 miles. I figure now I'm at close to 13,000 miles of cycling in the last two and 1/3rd years. I am getting way better control of numbers. Last January I got an A1C done and it came in a 5.8 so that was almost completely "Diabetes in remission" level. So for your help on creating the app I am truly grateful. I've planned to maintain 5,000 miles of cycling / annum or about 19miles / day. I still get neuropathy but for the most part my feet and body are in great shape. I've put on a few lbs and last weighed I was 41 lbs lower than my worst weight...

I've a silly question. Does the app you've created work on an "iPhone" platform?? Thanks for all the help..

LBB

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I'd update my progress. I'm now on target for the last 12 months to have cycled 100 miles / week. As I sit here and type this note I have no neuropathy in my feet. I've just cycled 24 miles this afternoon. In fact I've upped my daily ride to 24 miles just to squeak my annual total for riding to 5200 miles. I'm at 10,400 miles logged on Strava + 1000 miles on Mapmyride + 2000 miles unlogged. I'm planning on going in to see my physician in January for a check up to see what my A1C is running at. Last year (12 months ago I was at 5.8) or just over pre-diabetic levels. My symptoms seem less severe, and for that I'm truly grateful my body hasn't given out and my mind has stayed the path towards physical recovery. T.G.

I am going to go to a high altitude resort either at Easter or in late May / June time. I've found that the last time I was at serious altitude I lost 6lbs of weight in 10 days. I think if I stay at altitude for 6 weeks not only will I lose some extra lbs but I may train myself to stop eating as frequently and permanently lose the weight so I have a consistent BMI of around 22 as opposed to 25 at the moment. I'm only 40lbs off my worst weight but with relaxing at altitude I'm sure I can lose a few extra pounds I want to.. If I lose a few more pounds of weight I'm sure I won't have to exercise as hard or as consistently. I exercised 341 days last year and for a goodly amount of time..