Type 2 Life

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 I totally agree with you. I have always thought of the forum as being a problem solver for diBetes but also a support network. Sometimes we provide the support and sometimes we need a helping hand .
I have done an hours swimming again today . 40 lengths. :)

Reactions: 9 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hi all, apologies for my absence - I've been dashing about like a clockwork mouse today! Hope everyone is well, I've just got back from my mum's house so I'm putting my feet up with a much needed cuppa

Reactions: 8 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@13lizanne - Anna, I'm not stalking you around the threads! = Honestly :D

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank You for your contribution earlier, I appreciate that @mo53 and well done on your 40 lengths:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Patricia21 - Metformin lowers the amount of sugar created by the Liver. And decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines. It may also help a Type 2 Diabetic lose weight as it lowers appetite.:)

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't know what everybody else thinks to what I am going to say. But, I feel this forum is not just for how good our blood sugars are and how brilliantly we are doing. There are some members who "struggle" and it is not as easy for them to deal with diabetes, but we need to put across that no matter how bad things are - they can look to anyone of us to give them an uplift. If they want to rant and rave at how they are coping, we are always here for them.
You might regret that offer @liam1955 I'm very needy. ;)
I have moments of frustration with my weight. Always have done. I wish I knew how to get my lazy body to accept exercise without breaking on me.
My mind wants to do gymnastics but my body says du dur.....
A bit swimming, walking and movement is safe but gym or jogging it doesn't want to know. :(

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, hope everyone is well. I'm not as busy as yesterday, just popping over to see my brother this afternoon then tonight it's my knitting group.

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@TooManyCrisps - Hi. What was the last HBA1C? And when was it done? And when is your next one? (Sorry for all the questions):)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, hope everyone is well. I'm not as busy as yesterday, just popping over to see my brother this afternoon then tonight it's my knitting group.
Hi @Diamum5972 you always cheer me up even today when I'm feeling definitely not myself. Feeling yucky but your posts make all the difference. Thank you and @13lizanne and @liam1955 too.

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Oh, what's the matter with you? And I was just thinking "I wonder" if Vicky has got any ideas for @TooManyCrisps for breakfast?

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I agree with your last post. @TooManyCrisps needs to see what her average bgs are and see if they are increasing. Her dn might suggest metformin. Depends on her hba1c results. Or our tablet..... canagliflozin. Lchf isn't every insulin resistant's saviour. I need more than just diet too. I'm very very low carb.
How are you getting on reintroducing your tablet? Side afffect still dormant?
I'm feeling very queasy. :(

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Whaasup @ickihun? If you're feeling nauseous you have my sympathy, I always think that one can fight through pain but feeling sick just lays me up and affects every aspect of living. Will it pass?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - I was thinking the very same - that the time has come for tablets for @TooManyCrisps ! I'm okay at the moment with the 'gliflozin', it does make you a bit queasy, I drink Twinings Ginger & Lemon Tea to settle upset stomach/feeling sick and this works for me. But not everybody is suited to that tablet we take? You take Insulin also? - I take Insulin And still on 4 x 500mg Metformin and the 'gliflozin' everyday.:)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@13lizanne thanks.
I feel my nerves are jerky. Movement jerky too. I'm not sure this medication agrees with me. Bad leg and numb foot last time I took it. :(
All I can think of is that my 6s and 7s is giving me hyper symptoms. Hot sweaty but 7.2 at mo. Maybe. :(

Last edited by a moderator: