OMG! Pepsi!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just got in from footie training and the grandson wanted a cold drink, so I decided on a Pepsi max.
I mistakenly drank from the wrong can and had a sip of full sugar Pepsi!
It is disgusting!
It is so sweet, immensely sweet, mega sweet, yuk!
It gave me an instant headache.
Can't get the taste out my mouth, yuk!
M y bloods are ok but that taste, how can anyone drink that? Yuk!

Should tax it so much! Yuk!

Reactions: 4 people

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is drinking diet soda OK for T2 Diabetics. I know it has no Cal's or carbs but does it trick your body into thinking your having sugar or making you want sweet things?????

tooner9

Type of diabetes
HCP
im not sure if its ok for T2 as i have RH.im fine with it gives me a bit more variety

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is drinking diet soda OK for T2 Diabetics. I know it has no Cal's or carbs but does it trick your body into thinking your having sugar or making you want sweet things?????
I suppose in moderation it's probably OK. I am convinced that my addiction to Diet Colas helped me on my way to developing T2. I also had some pretty nasty side effects. Nowadays I look at the list of contents, that's normally enough to put me off. Maybe once or twice a year I have a Pepsi Max or Coke Zero

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I drink diet cola quite a bit. You will need to test yourself to see what results it has on you personally.

darren_m

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
on TV over xmas I saw on a programme that said diet drinks can mimic or cause a rise in blood sugar , something to do with artificial sweeteners and brain reacation sending wrong signals to the pancreas

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi I have Zero coke, not a lot but do keep a bottle in my car, if I am thirsty have a few sips. A doctor once told my father when he was in hospital with a bad tummy to drink the coke flat, so now I do not screw the top on fully on my zero coke and I have tested My BG readings before and after and has no affect on my BG . Test and try See what it does to you. Hope this is of help to everyone.:)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have approx 5 cans of Pepsi Max or Sprite Zero a week and don't notice any affects

Wendolph

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I know what you mean about the taste though. Suddenly anything with sugar tastes sooooo sweet! It's just not nice.