16, Meet New People? :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Erm... diabetes
Hi, thanks for stopping by :)

I'm 16 year old Rachael from Manchester. I've had type one diabetes for ten years now but I've never really met anyone my age with it. I mean, my Uncle is diabetic as is my cousin, but they're like forty odd and eleven, so it's a little hard to talk to them.

So basically, I'm looking for anyone who's up for a good chat :)

Reactions: 4 people

MasterDoctor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, thanks for stopping by :)

I'm 16 year old Rachael from Manchester. I've had type one diabetes for ten years now but I've never really met anyone my age with it. I mean, my Uncle is diabetic as is my cousin, but they're like forty odd and eleven, so it's a little hard to talk to them.

So basically, I'm looking for anyone who's up for a good chat :)
Im 14, I was diagnosed with Type 1 about a month ago. My uncle is alsk diabetic but as with your case its a bit hard to talk to him.
Anyways, I'm here if you want a chat

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @INeedSugarNow! and welcome to the forum! I'm afraid I'm geriatric, but there are a number of young people on the forum. You should check out @Dana_Heath's threads and blog, she is 16 too.

derryr05

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I'm Derry from London, 19 years old and have been diagnosed with Type 1 for a little over a month now! Feel free to chat anytime :)

Reactions: 2 people

Hannah3003

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Im Hannah, 22 from Lancashire wanting to chat to others with diabetes as I don't know any type 1s around my age (lol sounds like a dating profile!)

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I'm Matt, 29 from Surrey, had diabetes since I was 11. I'm pretty bad with it tbh! Never really talk to anyone with it, feel free to message and chat.