Good News

Fragilewend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am having tests for weight loss I was diagnosed type 2 in November. my blood glucose levels were 118 had a further blood test in February BG levels down to 61. Saw GP today Levels are now 47. GP said if this continues I can come off Metformin and manage with diet. I only really cut out sugary things still eat carbs but smaller portions.
Back to weight loss I was 12st 4 now 9st 12 weight loss since November 2015. All blood results normal having test for ovarian cancer (eek)this is GP being thorough. She does feel weight loss is due to changes in my diet and the Metformin. Changed to slow release Metformin as really bad nausea and stomach pains. Feeling pleased with myself got diabetes under control so quickly.

Reactions: 4 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Brilliant effort, well done !

Good to hear how you have done, good luck with the tests for ovarian cancer, sounds like you have a great GP looking after you which is a bonus so hope it's nothing to worry about ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great reductions @Fragilwend, well done! :) I hope your tests this week go well too.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
I am having tests for weight loss I was diagnosed type 2 in November. my blood glucose levels were 118 had a further blood test in February BG levels down to 61. Saw GP today Levels are now 47. GP said if this continues I can come off Metformin and manage with diet. I only really cut out sugary things still eat carbs but smaller portions.
Back to weight loss I was 12st 4 now 9st 12 weight loss since November 2015. All blood results normal having test for ovarian cancer (eek)this is GP being thorough. She does feel weight loss is due to changes in my diet and the Metformin. Changed to slow release Metformin as really bad nausea and stomach pains. Feeling pleased with myself got diabetes under control so quickly.
Congratulations on a great result. We all know how much work that takes