Type 2 5+ yrs suffering dizzy episodes & high BG

RiojaQueen1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hoping someone can explain my problems with my Type 2 which I've had for just over 5 yrs. I'm not good a the diet approach and my meds have gone up and up until now on 4 x 500mg Metformin, just reduced to 2 x 1 Gliclizide (from 2 x 2) and taken of Pioglitizone for new tablet Canna(??).
I have very high BG every morning, today for the first time in ages I achieved a 9 reducing to 8.1 after cooked breakfast (result!! hope it was the change in meds). My morning highs have not been explained to me and very often are over 13.9, have achieved some 20s during the day and was getting quite depressed. However for weeks now I've had daily dizziness, sometimes think I'm going to faint and have to sit down, comes at all times and not just when I'm due to eat. Has anyone experienced this? Has made me quite frightened and for several weeks have experienced fungal lesions popping up all over my body for which a cortisone cream was prescribed, having some effect but the rotters keep coming!

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @RiojaQueen1 I can't give you much advice, other than suggesting you discuss it all with your DSN or GP. I've had issues with my blood pressure recently and am now monitoring my BP at home every morning along with my fasting blood sugars.

Many years ago when I was a student and going through a lot of stress I got lesions popping up all over which were eventually diagnosed as this: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pityriasis-rosea/Pages/Introduction.aspx Does this seem familiar?

Sorry for not being much help, but I wanted to send a hug and a bit of sympathy, you're having a tough time at the moment ;)

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi like Alzebra I'm not going to be much help either. However I can speak from my own experience.

My experience (very abridged) was that on my journey to t2 diagnosis I was suffering from a lot of dizziness, nausea etc which I was finally diagnosed as. Being labarynthistis (basically a recurrent inner ear infection). It was the resultant blood tests though that showed up the t2 diabetes.

My point here is that other conditions could be causing your symptoms, and that the best thing you can do is talk to your doctor and get all possible causes excluded rather than trying to self diagnose that they are all related to your high bgs, as other conditions can be comorbid with your t2. Hope you get some answers soon...

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was type 2 until recently and I have tried most drugs to reduce blood sugar. And the best results and control was when I went on to a basal\bolus regeime