Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.2 this morning.
However, my brother-in-law is visiting today so I predict BEER will feature prominently in my food diary. I suspect tomorrow's fasting BG reading won't be quite so benign!

Reactions: 16 people

Dave from Weeton

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, woke up early so tested and was 6.8 and when I got up over two hours later it was 5.3, confirming that I get the dawn phenomenon most mornings when I get up early for work. I am assuming this is a good thing in that my liver is reducing the 'fat' stored?
Apparently others have commented this can continue for 6 months?

Reactions: 18 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 5.0 this morning, very happy with that after my very successful experiment with LC lavash bread yesterday! Huge hugs @maureen5752 the thought of losing my sight terrifies me, really hoping your current problems are a temporary result of the op. Fingers crossed for you that it will improve, and quickly xxx
Thanks very much. Took cover of eye yesterday and everythink was floating around even microwave ! Felt so kiddy, Sight was worse, Terrible headaches still. Phoned hospital went back for check up, they were surprised, said I should see better, said see how goes in 4 weeks! But learnt that macular advances and retinpdthy after catarch op!!! Says about 1.4 yrs later but have to wait and see, still got bright rings and lines on othere eye now on this one, also found out I have scarring on left eye, didn't know that. To late now, can't see anythink close even phone using X15 magnyfier around my neck to help. Hopefully eye will improve soon, cataracha have to be done one day anyway, good day to you all X

Reactions: 2 people

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks very much. Took cover of eye yesterday and everythink was floating around even microwave ! Felt so kiddy, Sight was worse, Terrible headaches still. Phoned hospital went back for check up, they were surprised, said I should see better, said see how goes in 4 weeks! But learnt that macular advances and retinpdthy after catarch op!!! Says about 1.4 yrs later but have to wait and see, still got bright rings and lines on othere eye now on this one, also found out I have scarring on left eye, didn't know that. To late now, can't see anythink close even phone using X15 magnyfier around my neck to help. Hopefully eye will improve soon, cataracha have to be done one day anyway, good day to you all X

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I understand how you must feel.
In the past 18 months I have had a trap in the left eye, pipe and valve in right eye. This week had cat op cancelled... pressure to high.
Yesterday numerous drops everything blurred.
I'm luck I can spot a bus when it arrives at the bus stop.
Kevan.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I understand how you must feel.
In the past 18 months I have had a trap in the left eye, pipe and valve in right eye. This week had cat op cancelled... pressure to high.
Yesterday numerous drops everything blurred.
I'm luck I can spot a bus when it arrives at the bus stop.
Kevan.
This is me since first op can't see bus, many have gone straight past me, can't see close at all now, told will need glasses for that, can't see anythink close, my brother has same problem, it's really stressed him out, I cant cut my nails, wear makeup nothink can't see close at all told after post op to get glasses for close work, can't see finger to take bgs!!! That's life now, glasses for close vision, going to be very difficult for many every day things now, anyway sorry for moaning, hope you get well soon, good health to everyone (hug)

Reactions: 7 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi KimG, I just want to see the odd pound disappear :bored: as well seem to have come to a halt in the last 2 weeks, really not eating anything different.:)
Annoying isn't it? I still have 3.5lbs to lose by 2nd April for my nephew's wedding which will make 5 stone!

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning after a small chinese takeaway curry last night. Very stressful day yesterday. My mum was rushed to hospital with sepsis and dehydration, she's seriously ill :grumpy:.

Reactions: 9 people