Sugar free treats yummy

witchfire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone a happy smile to you all ,
Just putting something in the air about treats ( yes we do miss them even if we have them occasionally ,,,) i recently found a company http://www.sugarlesstreats.co.uk/ started by a diabetic lady .i have tried a couple of items yes you still have in moderation but real cakeeeee and sweets .
Some of you older hands here might have already tried or posted this but in my excitement lol thought perhaps repost .
Hope it brings a smile to a few of you .

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Just remember when thinking sugar less treats, that total carbs are what you need to look for, as they turn to 100% glucose when digested i.e sugar.

witchfire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i totally agree but in this dark world of diabetes i thought a little glimmer of light could brighten up some peoples day yep be very careful but even the thought that a small slice (very small lol ) of cakeeee makes me smile lol ..

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well they may be sugarless but the random items I looked at were full of carbs - the lowest I looked at was 28g carbs per 100g weight and the highest 68g carbs per 100g weight. :eek::eek: At that rate you might just as well stick with the nice carby Eatwell Plate and be done with it.

I'm afraid I'd sooner make my own low carb treats.

Robbity

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
i totally agree but in this dark world of diabetes i thought a little glimmer of light could brighten up some peoples day yep be very careful but even the thought that a small slice (very small lol ) of cakeeee makes me smile lol ..

I can see where you're coming from I'm sure your an exception, unfortunately very few people actually manage just the small slice, and fail to eat treats like biscuits in moderation, it's half a packet later they'll justify it as the products stated sugar-free, I've known quite a few diabetics who can be quite self delusional on diabetic products, my mother was one.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi everyone a happy smile to you all ,
Just putting something in the air about treats ( yes we do miss them even if we have them occasionally ,,,) i recently found a company http://www.sugarlesstreats.co.uk/ started by a diabetic lady .i have tried a couple of items yes you still have in moderation but real cakeeeee and sweets .
Some of you older hands here might have already tried or posted this but in my excitement lol thought perhaps repost .
Hope it brings a smile to a few of you .

I would be very concerned if offered any of those products, same carb content as the normal product and twice the money, what a rip off. Only consultation is you get the runs for your money so a bonus if you suffer from constipation.

If you want cake make your own using ground almonds :)

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Actually a banana cake from Tescos has slightly less Carbohydrates than the one advertised by that company if you so badly want some cake then buy some from your local shop it would be no worse for you or just buy a muffin or a small fairy cake and eat it a small treat now and then would probably be safer and help keep you on track. Just remember it will effect your blood sugar but if you account for the carbs in what you allow your self daily it shouldn't upset things too much.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the thought that a small slice (very small lol ) of cakeeee makes me smile lol ..
Have a look in the low carbs recipes section. I posted a recipe for a slow cooker chocolate cake there last week. It has 50-70g of carbs in a 1050g cake (5-7%). I found it quite easy to make and it was the first time I'd made a cake. And it is nice.

Attachments

• cake 006 (800x600).jpg
    cake 006 (800x600).jpg
    329 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: 5 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If you can't or wont cook then have a look in the frozen food dept of any super market for the frozen éclairs. They are very low carb in comparison to anything else you will find.

witchfire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I thank you all for your replies ,and will try the slow cooker cake sounds good any other recipes send my way please .as a newbie coping with this its a learning curve and all advice taken . with that happy spring equinox to you all .

Reactions: 6 people