nok1888

Ive just tested my bloods and they are 23.6 but being type 2 i dont think theres anything i can do. Im on Metformin and was put on Gliclazide the other day

Ive had hardly any sugar at all this week except whats normally in food

I saw my nurse a couple o days ago and this Glicazide is the last chance before insulin but expecting insulin from thursday on my next appointment.

Is there something the dr can do at a&e or will i just wait until Monday and try get a hold of my nurse?

Tenzin

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go for a walk as that might bring it down. And walk every day. Also, don,'t eat any carbohydrates...... bread, potatoes, rice, pasta. Have meat or fish with green vegetables ...... kale, French beans, runner beans, broccoli, cabbage, or salad. Don't have breakfast cereal, have eggs, bacon, mushrooms,instead. My partner is on 3 lots of medication and his GP wanted to put him on insulin as his bloods had been 15ish for a while. I said no and made him listen to me. Within 4 weeks he has lost 4kg and his bloods are around 5 now. And we are eating well! Good luck.

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Stop eating carbs, Potatoes, pasta all bread and go out for as long a walk as possible and it will help bring it down . six weeks ago my readings were 18 and I went on a low carb high fat diet and have readings of 6 now . I'm also on metformin

CharlotteLouise2468

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eggs are good, fills you up!

I sometimes just have scrambled egg no toast and it's lovely.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum!

How long have you been type 2?
And how long have your blood glucose readings been this high?

Reactions: 2 people

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunneria has a hold of you now, listen and learn! Seriously, you would pay for this kind of experience.

Reactions: 2 people

Richard4218

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Couldn't agree more that a low carb diet and exercise is the answer to high blood glucose. Mine was 28 when I was diagnosed. I was given Gliclazide and went on a low carb diet. Now I have no medication and my readings are normally around 6. I'm intending to up the exercise and will continue the low carb diet forever.