lixisenatide

CharlotteLouise2468

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all,

I've not posted on here in a while!

I saw my endocrinologist a few weeks ago after my initial appointment where my bloods were terrible, second appointment after low carb and looking after myself a lot better- I'd lost weight and massively dropped my blood sugars!

She recommended putting me on lixisenatide, I started last week and I was just wondering if anyone else has been put on it? I've been told it helps you lose weight as long as you put the work into it as well?

I'm feeling ****** ATM due to personal things, so have eaten junk today but bloods haven't been too bad.

Does anyone who is on this, have side effects or?

Thanks if you can

xoxo

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1458416973.609284.jpg

Nausicaa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was on it and got all the side effects! After 2 weeks I got moved on to the higher dose pen and I was allergic to it. Every time i injected I got massive hives and was sick. Got moved onto victoza and all is well so far! Good luck on lixi

CharlotteLouise2468

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm currently on 10micrograms for 2 weeks then going up to 20micrograms.

It's doing well for my bloods I occasionally feel nauseous but do get migraines. But that's life.

I will persevere with the minimal side effects!

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlotteLouise2468

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've come off 10 and now onto 20,
I'm finding once I've had the injection an hour after (what I'm sure I'm supposed to wait till eating my main meal?)
I have no appetite, and the idea of food makes me feel nauseous but then my blood drops massively because I'm not eating?

It went down to 3mmol yesterday and I felt like I was going to pass out

Anybody else on Lixisenatide? Is it worth persevering the side effects?

krs1958

I found after a couple of weeks on the 20mg I was being sick within an hour of the injection. I was put back on the 10mg with no further symptoms.