My super cat

hollyo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My cat woke me up today wen my blood sugars had dropped low has anyone else experienced there cat waking them up??

Reactions: 12 people

gab_07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My cat can sense when I'm not well/low, and comes to sit and lay by me, but she's not as clever as to wake me up! After a moderate/severe hypo she sat with me all day :)

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My cats wake me up ... as to their motive i'm not sure. My previous cat however was the nicest cat ever, we always joked he didn't know why he had nails. But when i was sick he sat with me the entire day and we actually had to put him in another room because he attacked the doctor or anyone that touched me.

Reactions: 6 people

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
our previous cat probably saved my life. I got up in the night and went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. next thing I know my wife was there getting me consious as I had had a severe hypo. She later said the cat woken her up

Reactions: 2 people

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Speaking of cats ... one of the kittens was getting a bit affectionate just now when injecting my long lasting insulin. She head butted the pen when i was injecting. It's cute that's she's trying to help but i'm pretty sure the needle was deep enough without the help.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My cat woke me up today wen my blood sugars had dropped low has anyone else experienced there cat waking them up??

You realy should check this thread out below....?!

Me? I'm not convinced.. When you're the primary source of food the the "gatekeeper" to the door to let em out.. Then one morning the schedule changes due to a hypo or even a simple "lye in"..... The animal will demand you dance to their tune... ;)
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/can-animals-your-pets-sense-when-you-are-not-well.68387/

Just noticed your avatar.. I was brought up round horses too... A hypo on horseback is an interesting experience. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
ea0b14ec0a616f01d0df1a14a3c01360.jpg
:cat::cat:

Reactions: 4 people

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My Cat doesn't really care. But I love him anyway :joyful:

My mom's handbag his favorite place

7917386.jpg
[/IMG] [/IMG]

hollyo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It is the second time he has done it the first I thought it was just a coincidence but today he did it I tested and I was on the brink of going under then he lay with me all day until I got up X

Robin_H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My cat helps my wellbeing massively. Feelings of anxiety and stress go away when I spend time with him and I feel happy. Surely this helps with controlling my diabetes. Another reason why cats are super.

Reactions: 3 people