Best low-carb chocolate birthday cake please?

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Title says it all. Is there something really yummy?

Please please

Birthday girl next Wed

Reactions: 2 people

RobPL

34117884a101dff811383cebf4fbd92c.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Potteron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried several choc cake recipes as wanted some in reserve for special occasions, my favourite is Stracciatella cake or a choc cheese cake.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/page-9
Was posted by Whitbyjet .

You can do a cheese cake by substituting Xylitol for sugar and using 80+% choc. The base do an almond flour based one or just do normal bisc base and don't have much.

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would need to have a week with you @RobPL as you have so many meal and baking receipes. I'm 6 weeks into LCHF diet but have kept to basic foods so far just so I don't stay too much in the kitchen but I think I'm in control of my eating and ready to try some new low carb meal ideas. Thanks so much

RobPL

I would need to have a week with you @RobPL as you have so many meal and baking receipes. I'm 6 weeks into LCHF diet but have kept to basic foods so far just so I don't stay too much in the kitchen but I think I'm in control of my eating and ready to try some new low carb meal ideas. Thanks so much

I'm 2 months in so only 2 weeks ahead of you. I get bored easily though so needed to find ways to liven it up hehe. I'm also addicted to chocolate so I needed to find something to stop me craving it.
I'm making some cloud bread tomorrow to have with burgers, yummy =O)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a slow cooker? There was a fab slow cooker choc recipe recently...

Amandamc2711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm 2 months in so only 2 weeks ahead of you. I get bored easily though so needed to find ways to liven it up hehe. I'm also addicted to chocolate so I needed to find something to stop me craving it.
I'm making some cloud bread tomorrow to have with burgers, yummy =O)
I got the receipt the other day for cloud bread, sounds a great idea for dinner tomorrow. Can you freeze it when cooked?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That looks lovely Robert, might try it over Easter time. thanks.
It freezes well too - I cut mine into slices before freezing and a slice only took an hour or so to defrost. It was almost like a gâteau... had to eat it with a fork :)

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It freezes well too - I cut mine into slices before freezing and a slice only took an hour or so to defrost. It was almost like a gâteau... had to eat it with a fork :)

I very rarely make cakes anymore, but it would make a nice change and my teen should like it to . Can I ask what sweetener you used and how much of it ?

RobPL

I got the receipt the other day for cloud bread, sounds a great idea for dinner tomorrow. Can you freeze it when cooked?
I've never tried. I just keep it in a container in the fridge. I eat it too quick to freeze hehe. I don't do it in round lumps though, I spread it put to cover a whole baking tray and then cut it into squares.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I very rarely make cakes anymore, but it would make a nice change and my teen should like it to . Can I ask what sweetener you used and how much of it ?

You can use any sweetener. I like the most xylitol or Splenda