Any young adults/anyone on an omnipod? :)

gab_07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I'm just looking to meet new people with type 1 who use an omnipod pump.
I've had diabetes for nearly 9 years now, and I'm 20 years old. I am at university in my third year, and am 2 hrs away from home- have to be pretty independent.

I used an accuchek aviva combo pump for 5 years not long after diagnosis. Then I went back onto MDI because of cosmetic reasons- not liking the pump on me.

A couple of weeks ago I got set up on an omnipod pump at my home hospital, I think it's great so far.. I'm just waiting to see the blood glucose benefits, I have been so high the past couple of days. I don't know what's going on... I'm really hoping it gets better soon.

Anyone using an omnipod, I hope we can chat and learn from each other :) x

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks for the tag @azure

@gab_07, I've been using the Omnipod Pump for the last 13 months, it's my first pump but I'm really pleased with it so far, opted for the Omnipod because it's a tubeless pump and is also waterproof.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hey Gab
omnipod here for 5 1/2 months -
have replied to you in another thread-- hopefully some others will be along as well.:)

all the best !

tfishuk

I love the Omnipod and cannot fault it, not having any tubing attached makes life so much easier. I have tried other pumps but definitely prefer the Omnipod.