Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Same here, know how you feel, to add to it I've had endless flu after flu, don't know what's going on, been like this become diabetic, oh to be able to sleep early and not keep waking up. Hope you sleep tonight Good luck
We might get more people on here at night than in the day at this rate HA! HA!

Reactions: 8 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Morning to all you lovely people 6.2 for me this morning
5.4 last night 2hrs after dinner.

Reactions: 27 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 at 11.25 am after a long restless sweaty night and one of my weirdest dreams ever! I was living in an old fashioned library with some (unknown) others and we slept in little bunk beds built into the library shelves. I was being watched over by a 15 foot tall rat dressed in a hooded flowing cloak, standing upright and wearing a face mask. :wideyed::eek: I know where the bunk beds came from - a recent TV programme about Thames barges, but that weirdo rat's got me completely flummoxed!

Robbity

Reactions: 17 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Naomi425 are you posting your food diary on the low carb what have you eaten today thread ? Apologies if you are already doing this as I have been away a few days. If you ask for suggestions someone will help. Are you logging your carbs and calories? I find myfitnesspal website is very useful for keeping me aware.

Reactions: 11 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
11 low carbs doesn't seem to be working . Bloody liver
I looked at some of your food posts and you're definitely eating low-carb. I notice that the post-meal BGs you report are lower than your fasting BG, and they do say that the fasting reading can be the last one to improve. I know you only joined the site recently, but for how long have you been diagnosed and eating low-carb?

Reactions: 7 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at some of your food posts and you're definitely eating low-carb. I notice that the post-meal BGs you report are lower than your fasting BG, and they do say that the fasting reading can be the last one to improve. I know you only joined the site recently, but for how long have you been diagnosed and eating low-carb?
Hi I've been diagnosed for about 8 months. Started low carb about 3 weeks ago. I think it's the Nicolette lozenges I'm on that increase my carbs (although they only contain aspartame and mallitol) . So I'm reducing them slowly . If you take them out of the equation im prob only on about 10-20g carb a day (barely any carbs pass my lips . Liv long bread = 8g a day plus either spirallised courgette or butternut squash)t he mallitol counts as about 45g of sugar but it gets taken as 1g at a time so it's not like it's flooding my system but accept this may be the reason my glucagon lived reserves aren't depleting. Ideas gratefully received

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Naomi425 - DON'T fret about your morning levels - just take care of your pre and 2 hour post meal levels, and once they're nicely under control then you should eventually see the fasting ones come down... Your liver's only doing what it should do, and there's not too much you can do about that, and your fasting reading is only one of the several that you should be watching. Mine took over 18 months to come down to reasonably low levels but I still got other better readings and my HbA1c results were good too. And don't forget we have pre-diabetics and people who've had plenty of time to reduce their fasting levels to what you see posted here - not everyone's diabetes is "created equal"!

Are you keeping a record of what your levels are? My meter gives me averages over various periods (between 7 and 90 days) and I've always used this as a record of how I'm managing over time.

Robbity

Reactions: 7 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes my meter does averages for 7,14, month and 90 days. I test fbg and just before I eat then 2 hours after. My overall average is down about 0.2mmol . I'm being patient and reckon it may take longer coz I'm so little. Will be starting Newcastle diet in early May so hopefully that will help too. Thanks for your support

Reactions: 13 people

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hi all,
Doing the LCHF diet & exercises to manage my BG, down from high 15's to now 7-8 during the day ( after 60 days) with great discipline & diet controls, but the fasting number seem not reachable at a constant 7-8. ( eating a small t-spoon peanut butter or sip of aple cider vinegar).
Depressing!

Reactions: 10 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Doing the LCHF diet & exercises to manage my BG, down from high 15's to now 7-8 during the day ( after 60 days) with great discipline & diet controls, but the fasting number seem not reachable at a constant 7-8. ( eating a small t-spoon peanut butter or sip of aple cider vinegar).
Depressing!
Depressing but nice to know there are others struggling slowly. We will get there and your reductions in non fbg is reallt impressive

Reactions: 11 people