What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Brunch- Avocado, nuts, cheese, yogurt with berries, coffee& cream
Cups of fruit tea during day
Dinner- Omelette; 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomato & cheese ...steamed cauli with lashings of mustard...yogurt with berry sauce
rest of the evening will be just endless cups of fruit tea

Reactions: 8 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Slice of bfree bread with pate
Paleo bar

D. Salmon medallion with Greek salad. :)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaxseed and full fat no added sugar yogurt
L: cheese omelette
D: homemade soup creamy celery, broccoli and spinach (with loads of garlic)

Had kids home sick this week and they have kindly passed germs on so needed soup today :(

Reactions: 6 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Slice of bfree bread with pate
Paleo bar

D. Salmon medallion with Greek salad. :)

Pate? Hey, I can have pate? Weeeheee!

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B Brazil nuts, coffee and cream 2
L Alpro yoghurt,strawberries,pumpkin seeds,almonds and 3 chocologic neopolitans
S slice cracked black pepper cheddar
D Turkey mince pasta sauce with cheesy cauli rice
S Hot choc, brazil nuts and 1 square Lindt 90% choc

Reactions: 12 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - bacon & mayo
L - Fridge Raiders
D - Sausage with onions and melted cheese on spinach bread.
S - Merlot.

Reactions: 10 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B Brazil nuts, coffee and cream 2
L Alpro yoghurt,strawberries,pumpkin seeds,almonds and 3 chocologic neopolitans
S slice cracked black pepper cheddar
D Turkey mince pasta sauce with cheesy cauli rice
S Hot choc, brazil nuts and 1 square Lindt 90% choc
Like the sound of the pumpkin seeds and almonds, (haven't got any, but... never heard of "chocologic neopolitans" the "cracked black pepper cheddar" cheese sounds amazing - did you have that just on it's own? I do that with brie sometimes, but I've only got a tiny bit left, I love it with baby piccolo tomatoes too. Think I might line that up for today's lunch or a snack.
Turkey Bolognaise I have stashed in the freezer... what is "cheesy cauli rice"? I bought some cauli rice and I don't like it - cheesy-ness sounds like it might salvage those packs I mistakenly bought.

Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I bought some cauli rice and I don't like it - cheesy-ness sounds like it might salvage those packs I mistakenly bought.
I don't know about cheesy, but I rescued cauli rice when I learned to dry fry it with garlic salt and coriander, nice and slow, until it just starts to go brown.
Alternatively, mix it with eggs and spread on a baking tray in the oven to make a halfway decent tortilla. http://www.recipegirl.com/2014/05/05/cauliflower-tortillas/

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't know about cheesy, but I rescued cauli rice when I learned to dry fry it with garlic salt and coriander, nice and slow, until it just starts to go brown.
Alternatively, mix it with eggs and spread on a baking tray in the oven to make a halfway decent tortilla. http://www.recipegirl.com/2014/05/05/cauliflower-tortillas/
What sort of Coriander? Leaf or ground? Ground I can manage, leaf makes me throw up. Until it browns eh? Interesting, I wonder what freshly ground nutmeg would do to it... I like nutmeg..
Tortilla? Wow! Now that sounds very interesting indeed, I happen to have a fair amount of eggs at the moment... I'd need a silicone baking tray I think, hey! a great reason to nip off to Dunelm! I need to replace a broken latte glass with a fancy purple handle anyway - quick before they stop stocking them! maybe half browned and half with the egg, just to test both out? Hmmm (thinking aloud)...
What would you serve with those two?

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had:
B: Avocado/tomatoes/cucumber + red pepper hummus with 2 slices of my nut bread. 2 freshly brewed coffee with soya milk and one small glass of home-made coconut kefir
L: 2 egg mushroom omelette + salad
D: Pork chop on a bed of braised leeks and garlic with stir-fried sprouts, spinach and home-made sauerkraut

Unless I'm eating out, I make everything from scratch (the joys of being retired!)

Type 2, controlled by diet and exercise. No dairy/no alcohol and trying hard to be low-carb...

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What would you serve with those two?
I made a big tortilla and used it as a pizza base. I use leaf coriander, but I see no reason for you to stick to that. I bet rosemary would be nice, or whatever herb you want!

Reactions: 5 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
This is probably my last post for a few days. I'm going away with work for the whole weekend to a 'rustic' wooden lodge next to a lake somewhere fairly remote (why so I volunteer for these things???) and I'm not sure about internet access - nor about the type of food I'm going to be eating. :( it's going to have to be low carb as I haven't got any insulin to take with me but I doubt I'll be weighing it and calculating calories. I'm taking packets of ham, cooked chicken and sliced roast beef with me, just in case.

Today: FBG: 5.4 :)

Breakfast: Apro Coconut Yoghurt with Jordan's Chocolate Caramel Truffle sugar free syrup

Lunch: Roast chicken thigh, roast cauliflower, spinach and mangetout ans gravy.

Work meal: Ham, hard boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber,cherry tomatoes and mayo

Snack: 25g Lidl 81% Chocolate

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I made a big tortilla and used it as a pizza base. I use leaf coriander, but I see no reason for you to stick to that. I bet rosemary would be nice, or whatever herb you want!
Ohhh! REALLY good idea!!! :) :)

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Parsley. I've got a fresh bunch of that. Pizza made of eggy cauliflower tortilla sounds nice, kinda. I could have a lot of fun putting things on the top. Have to be dinner now though, I was just searching for the info on a pkt of scampi I had in the freezer, (someone having mentioned that in here somewhere) using the barcode scanner in the MyFitnessPal app on my phone - didn't work, it had the amount wrong. So that was no help.
L: But while divvying around in the freezer, I got tempted by a Chicken Margarita Melt, slammed it in the microwave, shoved a dish of frozen peas and half a tin of sweetcorn in after it, and yummmmmmmm!
Too many bad things in there to think about really, but I haven't tested that yet, so I'll check in an hour or so...
Pack info didn't sound so bad but potatoes, AND the sauce? Plus that sweetcorn... tut tut tut.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Yesterday

B - Sardines in olive oil (keeps me feeling full for a long time)
L- Raw cabbage / Broccoli and chicken bits.
D - Mexican cabbage and chicken.
Supper - A large helping of apple cake, VLA and 2 tubes of smarties (A high carb evening intake).

Woke up at 5.3 mmol, can't complain.

Reactions: 10 people

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pate? Hey, I can have pate? Weeeheee!
All types of pates are a regular part of my LCHF regime.Just check the carb count as they can vary quite a bit.For example any with caramelised onions are probably best avoided.Other than that fill yer boots! Don't forget Salmon, trout or crab pates and mushroom pate makes a nice change.
I like pates with cucumber batons,some like to fill celery but I am not a celery fan myself.If you can get hold of the fabulous low carb high protein rolls from Lidl,slice them up really thinly, bake in the oven at 140 C for 10 minutes and voila,great low carb crackers.Fantastic with butter and pate.
Also don't forget cheese.....all types of cheese......god bless the cheese makers!!

Reactions: 4 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bad carb day. Went to mothers for lunch.
B Fried eggs
L Fish and chips (small)
D Made up for the fish and chips - cheesey sprouts

Reactions: 7 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterday wed 23/03/16 BG reading in morning 6.9
B Egg omelette made with cheddar cheese and a bit of double cream
BG reading 2 hrs after breakfast 5.7
L Peanut butter mug cake with butter, Raw oats/ linseed and gogi berry nut mix [ Aldi] with raspberries
S 1 pear
D Chicken and egg salad and 1 plum.
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 5.8