Dr Mosley and the diet that reverses type 2 diabetes.

TerryinDorset

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again,
MG have I been busy...Canadian relatives really kept me moving! BUT I have a question of someone can help me with: I assume butter beans are on the starchy veg list? Am I right?

I'm stuck at 176 lbs & hope to have a blood test, etc later this month. The Accu-chek monitor tell me my fasting gb is around 4.5 - 5.5............. I must get my visceral fat level checked soon.....fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1458834468.264304.jpg
good results . Although they usually are , O could have had worse when I hurt my knee if it wasn't for the 800 diet .

Reactions: 2 people

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
He claims following this diet for 8 weeks will reverse type 2 as well as lose you weight.
If, after 8 weeks, you can return to eating 250 gms of carbohydrate every day (average for us humans), then he'd be right.

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not for me. Finished 8 weeks and exactly the same as before. 50g or less

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think well controlled is a better word to use but 'reverse' will sell more but at the end of the day if it is helping some to achieve lower BS thats not too bad a trade off.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again,
MG have I been busy...Canadian relatives really kept me moving! BUT I have a question of someone can help me with: I assume butter beans are on the starchy veg list? Am I right?

I'm stuck at 176 lbs & hope to have a blood test, etc later this month. The Accu-chek monitor tell me my fasting gb is around 4.5 - 5.5............. I must get my visceral fat level checked soon.....fingers crossed!

Butter beans are fine for me, but your meter will inform you of your results with them.