Type 2 Life

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 yes I had a good time shopping , food really. But this afternoon my partner and I have bought some things for the garden which was great! I don't know why my morning bs is up. Is that what you meant? It puzzles me. Any ideas.? So all the injections have arrived? That's fabulous. Not long now to Tuesday. By the way, your chocolate treats sounded yummy. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@mo53 - Yes, 'my friend' I think I ought to have worded it better, - I meant your fasting blood sugars! The only thing that I can suggest is that your liver must be having fun with you on a morning? Those times when you cannot sleep and get up during the night, maybe just test to see what it is? You might need a small snack? :)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And how is @ickihun today? Did you say you had young children? So you must be young yourself? How's things with you? You know I am feeling so much better since I stopped that Dapagliflozin - but, I don't wee as much now. :)

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @liam1955 its when I wake early that I seem to get the high readings. It's puzzling but there again so is the sleeping. I've been watching all of this weeks Masterchefs this evening I really enjoy that programme even though I'm not a good cook. They did a cheese challenge which was interesting. I love cheese. Do you?

Reactions: 7 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I waved my eldest daughter (14) off for a week at Cadet Camp this morning - I hate it being separated from my kids for any length of time but she will have a great week! We've made the most of it by taking the little 'un (12) out for a curry since her big sister doesn't like anything spicy. I had a chicken tikka shashlick which was delicious and just served with salad. I resisted the rice and naan breads but I did partake of an after eight mint :hungry: BG at one hour was 4.9, which could be due to the 4 miles I walked in glorious sunshine today or the glass of red wine I drank with dinner - both of which were also good for my soul :joyful:

Reactions: 9 people

Charliek3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bounties
I sincerely hope you are on the way up out of the pain department Liam. You have got off a drug that so many struggle with, i.e. Tramadol. I have been taking another strong Opiate, Dihydracodeine 60mg SR & Naproxene 500mg. I severely damaged my Lumbar region as a kid at 16, fracturing 6 Vertebrae & smashing my breast plate!! Lovely fall from a tree, 60ft up. Lucky to be alive and to be honest I never really had much bother regarding pain until about 3 years ago. I am 45 in 5 days time and man I can empathize with you on the pain front. It is absolutely brutal but how you done the 3 weeks without relief is a massive achievement & I hope you have given yourself a big pat on the back lol...Well done that man...I wish you well on the new injections and I look forward to your reports on COSENTYX...I think you have been extremely brave to give this a chance. I am in constant pain still but I would Love to be off the opiates and the Naproxene but I still remain in Fear I'm afraid LOL...
There is a company in Belfast that are asking for Guinea Pigs...Er Volunteers LOL >.< To try out some new Diabetes drugs & Neuro pain meds. So after reading your post here earlier I have sent an email back to them and agreed to give it a try also. I'm not sure if it is COSENTYX or even anything like it but it is into the breach I go & I have you I can blame when I come back LOL >.< Only joking man...I wish you every success and you really are a champion for the 3 week wait. Good Luck & God Bless :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Charliek3 - Hi - an interesting read. Over the years I had taken Naproxen, Tramadol, Codiene Phosphate, Pregabalin, Amitriptyline, Valium to name a few to kill pain. And I do use a T.E.N.S machine and Heat Pads and I am allowed to take Paracetamol and Ibuprofen - but only if I really need them. This COSENTYX is a Biological Drug and will be my 3rd to date. I would be interested to know the name of this drug that you are going to volunteer yourself to take? More so as you mentioned it to be for Diabetes. How long have you been Diabetic? And are you Insulin, Tablet or just Diet controlled?
Providing I keep moving the pain is bearable, it's night time in bed that drives me crazy, because I just feel the pain building in my joints after about 20 minutes and I have to move position, this go's on all night and I am exhausted. I do find that during the day I have what I call 'cat naps' when sat. I don't know if you have read my previous threads? I have Arthritis in my Lumbar Region and also 2 Herniated Disc's = L4/5 & L5/S1 plus the Sciatica and other joint pain. I hope you will also keep updating on this thread so I can follow your progress too? (With Diabetes and Pain Relief). To tag a person place @ followed by their Avatar name. Oh, and I am sending you Happy Birthday Wishes. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - don't go just yet.

To counteract high morning blood sugars. Try having a small snack of protein before bed: some nuts, - lump of cheese, - boiled egg. I think it will work for you as it does for me. Now I am signing off, Good Night and chat tomorrow.

Reactions: 7 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
And how is @ickihun today? Did you say you had young children? So you must be young yourself? How's things with you? You know I am feeling so much better since I stopped that Dapagliflozin - but, I don't wee as much now. :)
Hi @liam1955 not so young. Just turned 45 with an 8 yr old and 2yr old. Tried to have children earlier but PCOS stopped me ovulating. Metformin trials in London fixed that. By then my marriage was over strained by IVF etc so I waited for husband no.2.
I had a relately early night last night hence early morning wake-up call. (Young kids=early wake-ups).
Have you ever wanted children @liam1955 ?
My younger sister who isn't diabetic is nearing 40 and a 14yr old marriage is childless and it breaks her heart. I'd love a baby fot her. It would transform her. She's just back from Disneyland Florida with her mildly autistic hubby. Maybe she has her hands full already. I just wish her happiness and loads of it. My other sister is AWOL. Hiding behind pretext that she needs to just concentrate on her 'husband' who controls her. When I get my opportunity he'll be sent packing. I can wait. My 67yr old mum is heartbroken.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, hope everyone is well. I'm feeling a lot better this morning, I cracked open the Vicks Vaporub last night so I got a much better nights sleep. I'm still eating minimal carbs so I got another 5.8 this morning!

@ickihun sending you massive bear hugs, I didn't realise how much you have had to deal with. I don't have to say enjoy your little ones while they're still little, I'm sure you already do! Have a lovely Easter weekend xx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@mo53 - Good for you on the Easter Egg and I hope you enjoy it too. I know and I am the first to admit that I am naughty with chocolate and stuff. But, I am not going to make myself miserable over it. If my sugars remain under 10 then I am happy with the outcome. Oh Mo I hope you have got yourself dressed by now!!!:DHave a lovely day too.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 haha yes I'm dressed and breakfasted and I've lost 2lbs despite my lapse last weekend! I agree ! You must not make yourself miserable. Enjoy. :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I am going out with my 'girl-friend' tomorrow at 1Oam and we are having a Cheeseburger & Chips (mayonnaise on my chips) my once a month treat for being so very good! And then going clothes shopping for her and I want to buy an Easter Egg for my partner. What you doing @mo53 ? And @13lizanne ? @TooManyCrisps have a drink for me, at this rate you are going to be Sozzled, and @amgrundy hope you have a great Easter Friday.
Hi liam 1955 cheeseburger chips and mayo yum! yum! What a nice thing to do buying your partner an Easter Egg. I am off now buying Easter Eggs for my 10 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. Ill never be rich!!!!!!

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Can someone help me I been type 2 for 2yrs other health issues but. Bipolar and lost my daughter 4yrs ago my hblac was 59 now it 57 been on meds but couldn't tolerate them so I'm med free but the dns sending me to see doctor at the hospital hoping he put me on injections I have nearly doubled my weight since I lost my daughter cut a long story short I need to start this diabetes from beginning as I'm all over the place and haven't lost any weight any suggestions please