Type 2 Life

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Morning all, up ridiculously early - I usually find my body clock doesn't reset itself until the end of a school holiday, just in time for me to struggle to get up on the first day back :hilarious:
It's been a strange week, the consultation for compulsory redundancies at work has made it abundantly clear to all that my boss wants me gone (I have known this for some time but it has shocked some of my colleagues). I've been surprised by quite how much support I've had from the rest of the staff though, so much solidarity being shown, it has touched my heart. Weirdly, I'm feeling quite galvanised by the whole sorry situation, like this will give me the push I need to move on to bigger and better things. I know for a fact that if this had happened a year ago I wouldn't have felt so positive, but having taken control of my T2 and my weight over the last 12 months has given me back my self-confidence. I'm so grateful to all of my friends on this forum for their encouragement and support over this year, I feel like I'm standing tall with my buddies instead of wallowing alone in a black hole of depression (been there before!). :joyful:
AW!!! well done you, the support we all get on here is beyond words. :happy:

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Can someone help me I been type 2 for 2yrs other health issues but. Bipolar and lost my daughter 4yrs ago my hblac was 59 now it 57 been on meds but couldn't tolerate them so I'm med free but the dns sending me to see doctor at the hospital hoping he put me on injections I have nearly doubled my weight since I lost my daughter cut a long story short I need to start this diabetes from beginning as I'm all over the place and haven't lost any weight any suggestions please
Hello julieemma, I am Type 2 as well diagnosed in Jan this year with a reading of 19.3. I have other health issues too, but I can really sympathise with you for the loss of your daughter I lost my son at 36 yrs a few years back I know what it is to loose one of your children. There are no words to explain it. I started the LCHF diet and up to now have gone from 12st 5lbs to just under 11st. It is a used to hate shopping for food now I quite enjoy it. I love the forum on here "What Have You Eaten Today2 go on it and see what we all eat for meals, we are ll a bit different in what foods we can and can not tolerate, try some for yourself and then test your BG reading 2 hrs after your meals, it takes time and patience you have been there before so you know what to do, you can and will do it again. God bless you and your family .:)

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Thank you so much I feel your loss.thanks for advice I will take a look at it as I'm eating anything at the moment

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning @ickihun - Don't think somehow I'll be getting your 'winner' rating today for my fasting this morning!!! Bet your house is a Buzz of activity having 2 young children, but they will no doubt be keeping you fit and on the ball. Hope you don't mind - but I have put you in "my favourites" to follow you on the threads.(I promise I won't stalk you!!) I always enjoy reading your posts, they are very interesting and you are very knowledgeable on Diabetes. Just think if we all pooled the knowledge we could become a 'super brain's!! How long have you had Diabetes?
No, never wanted children - my partner has 2 (daughter 25 and married, son 21 this year and at University) and I and them have always had have a big part in their lives and always have from a young age. My younger sister (55) after 25 yrs of marriage never had children - but she and hubby are so much in love (reaching for the sick bucket now). I read years ago about Metformin being prescribed to women who had PCOS. And it is sad when people split up because of not having children, but you obviously had to meet No 2 hubby for your fulfilment in life. Have a wonderful family Easter together.:):)

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well Done @mo53 on your 2lb loss - awarding you a winner's cup of the day.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@julieemma - Hello and sorry about your loss. A lot of the Forum members follow the LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) Diet and they have fantastic results both with lowering HBA1C and their weight. Go to the top of this page and click on Forums, then scroll down to FOOD and NUTRITION there you will see different headings for various diets. Hope this is of some help to you.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@amgrundy - Wow!! All them grandchildren and all those Easter eggs - but, the amount of love you get from all those youngsters must be amazing:)
You don't need a T.V in your house then! - you'll never have the time to watch it. Have a Fab weekend.:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@julieemma - Hi again. I take it that you are testing throughout the day and after meals? Diet will have an effect on blood sugars, make sure you have enough Proteins, Fats, Veg and non-tropical fruits in your diet. Cut out of your diet "White Carbohydrates": - Bread, Rice, Potatoes, Biscuits, Cakes and pastry. Drink plenty of sugar free fluids throughout the day and Exercise helps to lower blood sugars. Keep a food diary, write down what you have eaten and also your blood sugar result before eating and 2 hours after - you can then see which foods raise your blood sugars. Keep us updated on this forum how you are doing, and we can help you. Ask other members about being on the LCHF Diet. Don't be afraid to ask any questions - we are all here to help each other.:)

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Thank you so much I was testing but not doing good with the diet I will try lchf will keep you posted I went right off the track

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi William, I'm fine thanks :), hope you are feeling tons better than a few days ago.

Not got a lot planned except going to bingo with my best friend tonight, so plenty of gossip & moaning, heaven. We don't win that often but enjoy the evening, we have a meal (salad) and I used to have half a lager shandy but now it will be soda water, ice & slice of lemon.
I am really looking forward to my lamb dinner tomorrow!!!

Have you & hubby got any plans? If yes, have a good time. If no, enjoy the peace and quiet and relax. (put a blindfold on when he's eating his egg though) xx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@doolallylady - I am more of 'sound mind' now Thanks Karen:) - I will keep my fingers crossed that you have a good win on the Bingo tonight. Why not have a glass of Red Wine? It is good for the heart and has Antioxidant qualities. Just church on Sunday Morning, then light lunch at parents in laws. That's why I bought partner his own Easter Egg = because I like White Chocolate and Caramac too, and there is no way I am sharing MY chocolate EVER!! I would give away my last £pound, but no no to chocolate. Have a fabulous Easter time. Williamx:cat:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Oh, you've popped on and now popped off the thread.:)

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't shout, but if I could find a red wine that was sweet enough for me to like I would indulge. I'm not a lover of wine, Asti or Gancia are ok, but years ago my Dad used to make me peach wine, it was delicious and potent and spoilt me for anything else. He died over 20 years ago and I haven't really found a wine I like. Not that I'm much of a drinker, a few half shandies and I'm well away, (cheap and common, lol). I do enjoy a large bottle of Baileys with a long straw though :).

Reactions: 5 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much I was testing but not doing good with the diet I will try lchf will keep you posted I went right off the track
I think everyone goes off track at times, the important thing is to get back on it. It must be very hard when you have so much other stuff going on. I have always turned to food when depressed or stressed, and then feel really guilty. I am now doing the low carb high fat (lchf) diet and have lost quite a bit of weight.

As others have said, there is loads of good advice on these threads. And everyone is so friendly, you just have to ask and people will help you here.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@doolallylady - My Mother was Diabetic and she loved Bailey's, I always bought her a bottle - and there is no reason why you cannot have a drink of whatever you fancy = moderation is the word. My favourite is Gin & Tonic and although my Partner (Richard) bought me a bottle of Gordon's at Christmas - it is still there UNopened. Have a great Easter weekend Karen:cat:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@TooManyCrisps - Well Said, there is a lot of knowledgeable people on these threads, don't be shy or think yourself stupid, we have all been there I am sure. Just ask and you will get quite a few replies.

Reactions: 5 people