Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@julieemma and @TracyC - I don't follow the LCHF Diet, but I am tagging forum member @13lizanne who has had success with this diet, and still uses it, she will be along just after 6pm today. :)

Reactions: 9 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Thanks Liam!

Im in the middle of cooking roasted veg and going to fry off a steak with it (in olive oil!) haven't bought steak in years I actually feel like I'm treating myself a bit lol. On that note I actually have no idea how to cook the stuff, 5 mins each side i think? being the vomit phobic I am I do like to make sure everything is cooked to bits before eating it so I do end up creating most of my food, especially meat, I wonder if charcoal is carb free? lol

Reactions: 6 people

Charliek3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bounties
@Charliek3 - Hi - an interesting read. Over the years I had taken Naproxen, Tramadol, Codiene Phosphate, Pregabalin, Amitriptyline, Valium to name a few to kill pain. And I do use a T.E.N.S machine and Heat Pads and I am allowed to take Paracetamol and Ibuprofen - but only if I really need them. This COSENTYX is a Biological Drug and will be my 3rd to date. I would be interested to know the name of this drug that you are going to volunteer yourself to take? More so as you mentioned it to be for Diabetes. How long have you been Diabetic? And are you Insulin, Tablet or just Diet controlled?
Providing I keep moving the pain is bearable, it's night time in bed that drives me crazy, because I just feel the pain building in my joints after about 20 minutes and I have to move position, this go's on all night and I am exhausted. I do find that during the day I have what I call 'cat naps' when sat. I don't know if you have read my previous threads? I have Arthritis in my Lumbar Region and also 2 Herniated Disc's = L4/5 & L5/S1 plus the Sciatica and other joint pain. I hope you will also keep updating on this thread so I can follow your progress too? (With Diabetes and Pain Relief). To tag a person place @ followed by their Avatar name. Oh, and I am sending you Happy Birthday Wishes. :)
Jesus @liam1955, you are another member I have found on here pretty quickly that has been through the Mill regarding your experience with Pain and all the drugs and complications that can arise from that.
I have been pretty unwell for the last 3-4 years but never for a minute thought of Diabetes because as you already know now I broke my back pretty badly as a 16 kid. On and off for all of my life I have had sporadic bursts of excruciatingly chronic back pain and I managed with a brilliant Doctor that it took me a while to find. But we hit it off brilliantly and I loved the guy. I have never met a Doctor with such empathy since him and he has now retired and I suppose it was not having him to rely on that I kept putting off visiting the Surgery for my ever worsening condition.
I have been told now, ( about 5 weeks ), that I am Type 2 Diabetic, & been put on 1,000mg Metformin night & day & Simvastatin. I was assured by the young GP that my pain would subside by just taking my Dihydracodeine 60mg SR, ( DSC CONTINUS ), 2 X2 Naproxene 500mg 1 X2 & now my Diabetes drugs! I shouldn't have been shocked really by the Diabetes find but I seem to have pretty bad Neuropathic pain & other weird conditions after reading so many other poor folks conditions on this Forum. I did have the beginnings of a Yeast infection in my left groin on a patch of very thin skin, ( due to stretch marks on my groin ). That has gone now completely after using a Cream given me also. But it is the Crazy Hot & Cold hands & feet...really bad at night time...so bad I cannot even have the quilt over my legs and feet in bed at night!!
But then I have been using the settee as my bed for over a year mostly as it is only here I get any relief from the freezing feet, chronic back pain and restless legs!! Jesus I sound like a real Whinger, ( I promise I am not normally a Siren like this LOL ), but the sweats I go into are totally abnormal for any human being to be having & that feeling when you think your feet belong to a Corpse and not yourself is terrifying LOL.
The reason I think I need my Doc to take this seriously is that the pain I am getting today, even in my back, is different from pain I have experienced before. I am not joking when I say I sit wide awake for days and nights on end and finally sleep when I crash out of sheer exhaustion. This kind of pain is cruel and ruthless and getting insidious as my hands and arms don't feel fully my own either & I dread they go the same way as my legs & feet. I have raved on again I think and hope you forgive me for ranting so often.
The New Drug trials I have applied for are being done by Biokinetic Europe. I have not been told I will be accepted yet but I am interested because I will get access to other Doctors and Diabetic Consultants through this company. The Retinal scans also interest me as I my eye sight has changed dramatically over the last 6 months...peripheral vision is affected badly I feel if that get's any worse I will lose my livelihood as a Taxi driver. Maybe I am being hasty by agreeing to take part in trials but I want to receive as best a chance as I can to help myself here before things get any worse. The link is here: http://www.biokineticeurope.com/clients/diabetes-prediabetes/

What really brought me to your posts were the fact that you have damaged an area of your Spine very similar to myself. I understand absolutely the lose of quality of life and the long bursts of chronic pain that can so badly depress a person. I know it is repeated by so many others but living with that kind of pain is a cruel life. There has never really been a time we have been completely out of physical or indeed mental pain. I just have this nagging feeling that my 9 months spent taking Atorvastatin have damaged my muscles and left me feeling so weak & unfit. During those 9 months I was deeply depressed & I am not out of those woods just yet. I felt so bad on that drug as a prediabetic than I do today...sex life was non-existant & it is not much better today to be honest.

I guess being a man I have that mental block when it comes to visiting my GP or even asking for help from my wife even. We are brought up so wrong by being told ...a Real man doesn't Cry...a Real man wouldn't get sick...etc etc...well I am up to my ears with that **** at the minute. I am being made to feel like I shouldn't ask about certain Neuropathic drugs, Pregabalin being the one in point at the moment as the Senior GP I first suggested this drug to told me it was not for me and it was a drug that drug addicts looked for!! I nearly fell off the chair. That was over 3 years ago now and I just put up with the things that were wrong with me. My wife had to almost have a family intervention to get me to go back to my Local Surgery. The other thing that has got really bad is my chronic anxiety. I just won't socialize with any of my old friends any longer. Certainly I would wave and speak to them if I had to but I don't even like leaving the house any longer. Now this is me, a guy that was told to keep quiet by the Priests at school for Gods sake. I am a social animal really but even to get a hair cut is a massive thing for me today. I suppose what I am asking is are all these things linked?! I am just not the same man any longer I was. I want to be able to try medications for my symptoms and not try and medicate myself by taking any one else's drugs. Having the ability to sleep a normal nights sleep is only a fond memory now. I don't know how you are able to cope with your condition, sleep wise @liam1955...how on earth are you expected to heal when you cannot sleep properly. I was always told if you were sleeping you were Healing. I will follow you on here if you don't mind as you have been a valuable well of wisdom for me already. I really hope you get some relief with your new trial drug soon man. Wishing Health Wealth & Love in Abundance :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @julieemma and @TracyC our friend @liam asked me to share what I eat on my version of low carbohydrate high fat diet. I think of the fats as being healthy fats I.e butter, olive oil, and the fats found in natural foods e.g meat, nuts etc. When I started the two things I found most helpful were:- a thread on the low Carb Diet Forum here called Viv's Modified Atkins Diet and a website www.dietdoctor.com have a look at these and come back on and ask any questions you have and one of us lchf ers will answer. Good luck ladies

Reactions: 4 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Hi @julieemma and @TracyC our friend @liam asked me to share what I eat on my version of low carbohydrate high fat diet. I think of the fats as being healthy fats I.e butter, olive oil, and the fats found in natural foods e.g meat, nuts etc. When I started the two things I found most helpful were:- a thread on the low Carb Diet Forum here called Viv's Modified Atkins Diet and a website www.dietdoctor.com have a look at these and come back on and ask any questions you have and one of us lchf ers will answer. Good luck ladies

Thanks! going to take a peep now :)

Reactions: 8 people

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Had a quick look looks not to bad easier than I thought I'm going for the lchf give it a good go thanks for the support

Reactions: 5 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Once you get settled into the LCHF way of eating life is so much simpler and Im sure you will find it great for getting yourself on track.

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Evening. Quick pop in. Feeling better and think my gastric ulcer is healing well. Eating better and BGs not so erratic. FBG 6.8 today. :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im back on track now thank you, we now have 2 grand daughters living with us, 4 years and 9 months. It took a bit of adjusting but we now have peace of mind that the youngest is safe :)

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Im back on track now thank you, we now have 2 grand daughters living with us, 4 years and 9 months. It took a bit of adjusting but we now have peace of mind that the youngest is safe :)
Yay! That's great news, I bet they keep you busy :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yeah but having the little one come and stay seems to have settled the older one down. They are sharing a room so theres no more feet in my back in the middle of the night :)

Reactions: 2 people