THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY....

hrhmoo

Thought I would do a happy topic...yes being diabetic is **** and yes people who don't have it don't really understand this however we must all have things we love in life...mine are

Foooooddd most of it to be honest!!
My adorable two cats who have only been living with eachother for a couple of months and for the first time are curled up together on the sofa....brought a tear to my eye lol :D
My horse....
Family obviously...and my lovely friends who I love nearly as much as my adorable cats... :lol:

RWJ

Hi

My little grandson is what makes me happy - he is two tomorrow and has just had a birthday party but unfortunately he is full of a cold and doesn't feel too good, so went to bed for a sleep and missed most of it. But we will make it up to him tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Obviously the rest of the family too.

RWJ

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
To be truthful not a lot lately. Photography is one hobby that has helped me lose weight and help improve my depression. Nothing beats watching animals/people or visit a new place with my camera.

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
my two dogs, my wonderful supportive husband who hasnt eaten chocolate and other sugary items since I was diagnoised in June.
Also my music :0) and the fact that I'm totally shattered and didnt get in till 3am then work at 8am but have a fantastic time doing what I love play and write music :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Playing with grandchild is unbeatable.
Overweight Grandma on the climbing frame in the park, following toddler, whils the young slim yummy mummies stand at the bottom just watching their offspring.
Gives me a lift that I can do it.
Hana

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
My family and pets, films and tv programs, buying gifts, using the computer to communicate with people, and the spring season.

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Sledding with my dog, getting her used to a sled so that hopeflly she'll be behaved enough to deliver christmas pressies.
Finally finished knitting a pair of gorgoeus purple sleeves, sad I know....
My daughter being nice to the dog, and when she played nicely with another kid.

dibrose

along time ago when camping in the lake district I went for a very early bathe in the lake it was wonderful mist on the water a family of swans have never felt so close to nature.may be was the start of me becoming naturist its a wonderful feeling no clothes no barriers can'tell whos who----met lots of wonderful people on beach sun sand and sea wonderful :lol:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
lots of things make me happy but a few of them are...
seeing my family being happy,
spending time with dogs and horses,
walking in the countryside,
listening to the wind/rain/sea :D :D :D

nuway2health

I love listening to the rain on my bedroom on a wintry nite, puts me off to dreamland.

Just got a woodwick candle bought to me and love sitting in the dark wathcing it and listening to the noise it makes........it makes the crackling sound of a fire.

I know what would really make me happy.......getting my bs down to normal again and reversing the symptoms of my diabetes!

Arlene

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
My dog, the Princess B'Elana, Queen of the <there's usually an 18-rated word in this space but I think most of us can guess what it is> Universe. An elderly, dysplastic, arthritic rottweiler who despite her health problems loves every human being on the planet and most other dogs, except for that damned little Jack Russell on the corner and the spooky white cow over the road.

Red wine shared between sufficient people that we all get to taste several different wines, similarly big Chinese meals, where there's a lazy Susan in the middle of the table.

Cooking, especially Indian, Thai, Indonesian, and Chinese cuisines, working out how I can send a meal's GI rating in the right direction, and making my own bread. In this bit belong Le Creuset pans: simply wonderful, though due to their weight, probably not suitable for those in problematic relationships. Domestic violence is a crime.

Knitting and crocheting: I've been able to do knit since I was six and crochet since I was twenty. I crochet in front of the TV as long as it's not too complicated a pattern (helps me practice my Welsh numbers!), but my knitting machines have their own room. Put some music on in there, thread up a machine and I can be gone for hours.

DVD box sets. Ignore the nonsense that the TV companies put out and get swallowed up in the Buffyverse, or Federation Space, or even just Maplins or Tilling.

Tarot cards - they've changed a lot since I started collecting them. There's some stunning inspirational art out there. I know it's naughty copywright-wise, but I like to scan a favourite card and have a blown up copy of it on the wall for a while.

Well written books that you read slowly so as not to finish them too soon, and well written and performed music that you listen to and then sit in silence for a while.

Looking at the valley in winter, when foliage is hiding everything and wondering "who built that house? Was it even there last year?"

The local butcher who knows that when I ask for four chicken fillets or pork steaks, I want them bagged up in pairs for easy freezing. He's just one example of many kind and thoughtful people in our valley. It just so happened that I was thinking of having pork chow mein sometime soon...

Steve

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I think Ian Dury pretty much covered it all in "Reasons To Be Cheerful - Part 3"

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro_VVXjk-kQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ro_VVXjk-kQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The smile of a parrot - classic :D

Rushy

A glass of wine every now and again.
The two delightful black cats who have very graciously allowed me to look after and feed them.
Having three Brothers who are always supportive!
My daughter, without whom I would likely be in all sorts of trouble.

viv1969

I have to say that rottweilsteve has saved me ALOT of typing!

Replace the Rotty with a GSD (but keep the jack russel and spooky cow)....change knitting for x-stitch, and remove tarot cards. Replace Wales with Kent (not litereally, because that would require a lot of new maps), and that'll do for me!

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Lol... I was going to say.
Replace Rottie with a Malamute, tarot cards with meditation and preferaby Battlestar Gallactica boxsets.

I've done one piece of x-stitch.... from my fav. book the anti crafters.
Crocheting is teh ebils... i get so confused.
But at the moment i'm knitting little green elf booties for my daughter for xmas and a deep purple shrug for me for xmas.

sunflower333

Dislikes
Being Diabetic
Dancing makes me happy. Up to this year I went to dance classes, modern jazz, but when i was diagnosed with type 1, i'm to nerve of the hypos, so not rejoined this year until i'm more confident.

My wonderful family and my Labrador dog makes me happy, country walls, reading a good book

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
Looking out from my balcony at kites soaring in high thermals before racing off to somewhere else...

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
viv1969 said:
I have to say that rottweilsteve has saved me ALOT of typing!

Replace the Rotty with a GSD (but keep the jack russel and spooky cow)....change knitting for x-stitch, and remove tarot cards. Replace Wales with Kent (not litereally, because that would require a lot of new maps), and that'll do for me!

Isn't it weird the way white cows seem to glow in the dark? And as for Jack Russels... Years ago, a Jack Russel nonchalantly walked underneath Zeus, looked up, and bit poor Zeus right on the willy! Kent needs to be flattish to merge into the English Channel, while we get to stay all bumpy and interesting! Only a a few months ago, with the weather mild, and fields being empty of livestock, I finally found the Roman bridge over Afon Twrch. Couldn't use it though as I don't have good walking boots at present and the least muddy way to the bridge was a stile and B'Elana can't manage stiles... But at least we found it.