Anyone else on toujeo insulin?

tara18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I've been on levemir for over 10 years and about a month and a half ago they changed my insulin to the new toujeo. Since changing my levels waking up in the morning range from 10-18. Anyone else had these problems and have any advice?

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi tara18. I changed to toujeo last year and it took a couple of weeks to settle. It is a very good insulin but mayb speak to your diabetic team about upoing your dose 1-2 units x

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @tara18
welcome to the forum :)

I am not on toujeo so can't help with that. Have you spoken with your DSN at all since going on toujeo ?
Have you had a look at testing your basal ( toujeo ) to see if your dose needs adjusting ?
link for basal testing here. http://www.salforddiabetescare.co.uk/index2.php?nav_id=1007

hope this helps
all the best !!

dookie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I've been on it for 2 weeks and am up to 24 on my pen. My levels are still high when I test in the morning. How much do you inject ?

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I inject 18 units but i guess it depends on your diet and activity levels!! Im gluten and lactose free so quite restricted with food

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I have been on toujeo for just a month. I was on Levimer for several years. Strangely i was put on 20 units to start off with but I am now on only 13 once a day in the morning. When i was on levimer i was taking about 23 in 2 doses. We are all different and on different amounts to suit . I do not have dawn syndrome any more but i have been struggling along the way. Hope things will get better for us.
I have also purchased a libre a few days ago to help me. My control has been better today as I can now see better what is happening to levels. Thought i will use it to get me through it.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on Toujeo for 3 weeks now i think. I was on lantus before and my morning values actually improved. I am taking 3 units more of the toujeo than with the lantus but i'm getting better results in the morning. With lantus i was usually fairly high in the morning, with toujeo i'm hitting the green zone way more often in the morning.

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi tara, I've been on Lantus for over 10 years now, Diabetic nurse has agreed for me to go onto Toujeo and try that as blood levels arent good, but it's not listed at my Gp for them.to prescribe it! So I'm still waiting. So hoping I get to try it soon.