Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.5 this am ..... so need to work on this to get it lowewr for tomorrow this cold and stress has a lot to answer for grrr

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
After taking my morning dose of Metformin Hydrochloride 1000 millogrammes, my fasting blood glucose was 7.7 millimoles per litre. I had an unusually high blood glucose reading last night at nine o'clock of 9.0 millimoles per litre after a day of consuming quite a lot of complex carbohydrates which I believe had precipitated that reading. This morning I was abstinent from food consumption but I did have a medium-sized cup of coffee with 1 x 5 millilitre spoonful of Red Mountain Coffee Granules, 1 x 5 millilitre spoonful of Coffeemate milk substitute and 2 Silver Spoon 0 Calorie artificial sweetener tablets. I also had 3 glasses of tap water and enjoyed smoking 3-4 Holborn Smooth Tobacco hand-rolled cigarettes which may have contributed to the elevated blood glucose.
@johnnybaker45 I have some techniques for you which might help.
Your only craving carbs because your going too long without food. In such cases the liver dumps glucose in your system which you don't need.
To prevent that extra glucose topping you up it's important to have a no/low carb breakfast (bacon, eggs and good quality sausages) and if ever hungry fill up on full fat cheese and nuts.
Those carb cravings will leave after a few days of filling up with meats, cheese, fish and none root veg if you like them.
You take control. Don't let carb addiction damage your body. Your worth it! :)

Reactions: 6 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Up to 5.9 this grey, wet, miserable morning.

Reactions: 16 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Good morning from a sunny Rochester.
5.7 this morning a surprise after a piece of simnal cake last night.

Reactions: 16 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, 6.0 today

Reactions: 18 people