Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night was starter of prawn cocktail - followed by steak - mushroom sauce and brocolli!
Breakfast was banana & coffee
Tonight - Fajitas!

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Water and 1 cup of coffee. Feel really sleepy with the warm sun streaming through the window. And I really like the effect of the gelatos test I created this morning with my new set - adding water with the free brush worked brilliantly. Makes for a nice background.

Reactions: 7 people

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
B: Blueberries, raspberries, Greek yoghurt, milled flaxseed
L: Gammon ham & salad
D: Will be small homemade lamb curry with cauli rice

Reactions: 2 people

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
Wednesday 30th March, 2016.

11:00 am:- 2 slices of toast with butter made with Kingsmill 50/50 bread and full cream, salted butter.
11:24 am:- 1 bowl of sweetcorn kernels.
1137 am:- 1 bowl of sweetcorn kernels.
12:03 pm:- 2 glasses of tap water.
12:27 pm:- Blood glucose reading:- 8.1 mmol.
12:52 pm-1:12 pm:- 6 glasses of tap water.
1:43 pm:- Blood glucose reading:- 5.5 mmol.

I've had approximately 15-16 hand-rolled Old Holborn cigarettes.

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
Wednesday 30th March, 2016.

3:20 pm:- Blood glucose reading:- 5.4 mmol.

3:58 pm:- 4 pork shoulder steaks and 8 roast potatoes.

4:40 pm:- Blood glucose reading:- 6.5 mmol.

Several glasses of tap water.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
B: Half bowl porridge (not a good idea) but 2 hours later BG 4.6

L: Vegetable soup: an hour after BG 5.2

D: Beef chilli small baked potato thought I'd chance it an hour later BG 7.7 BG at 22:27 6.6

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing yet but water, just about to go for an HbA1c and other blood tests. Oh... Turns out that's tomorrow.

Had lovely Chicken and Tomato Rissotto last night with Cavolo Nero, Jumbo Prawns and Spinach cooked with Double Cream and Parmesan, a touch of mace and freshly ground nutmeg, because I was in a steaming temper having gone to Slimming World, discovered I'd only lost another 2lb (that's not why I was cross, disappointed, but I was okay with it.)
Then gone to fetch dinner from the local chippy, ordered cod and large chips with mushy peas for him, 2 battered sausages for the dog, only to discover that the spit roasted chicken (the only thing I can eat from them) was all gone, I was offered 2 chicken breasts instead (checked they were not deep fried - they weren't) said yes, thank you, only to hear that all those were gone too. So no dinner for me.
I was soooo steamed!
That's why the risotto, not a good idea with the white rice in it - but it was delicious! (The Cavolo Nero dish was even better, but I made that myself by just throwing things I like together in a rush.)

Last edited by a moderator:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Yesterday 30/03/16
BG reading before breakfast 5.7
B Egg and bacon spreadable [ from asda] on 1 slice of burgen bread
L 4 crackerbread / peanut butter 1 cappacino 1 pear
D Fresh cod fish with egg salad and coleslaw
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 5.3

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well thank you to Muzza3 and Amgrundy for the favourites! A very nice surprise when I logged on, just!

Well, the fajitas were fabulous - red peppers, onions, chicken with tomato salsa and sour cream. I should've gone for lettuce instead of wraps as the bloods this morning were BAD!

I'll be lunching on wheatberry & bean salad, which apparently is refreshing.

Tonight will be lamb steaks and pearl barley risotto - I'll pack that out with leeks so I don't major too much on the PB. Extra veg, probably butternut squash as a side for me.

Tomorrow is the last day before holidays... So, no work pressure then!

Blitzie

B - Waitrose lovelife stoneground whole bread,toasted,butter & 2 eggs scrambled

L- Low carb pita bread with ham & salad. Low carb apple crumble slice

D- Smoked Haddock & celeriac chips

Snacks - dry roasted nuts & 4 small squares of chocologic with hazelnut

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Well thank you to Muzza3 and Amgrundy for the favourites! A very nice surprise when I logged on, just!

Well, the fajitas were fabulous - red peppers, onions, chicken with tomato salsa and sour cream. I should've gone for lettuce instead of wraps as the bloods this morning were BAD!

Tonight will be lamb steaks and pearl barley risotto - I'll pack that out with leeks so I don't major too much on the PB. Extra veg, probably butternut squash as a side for me.

Tomorrow is the last day before holidays... So, no work pressure then!
Yes I go lettuce as wraps for the Fajitas but they are great

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
snip

snip
ROFL!

I just had brie, 2 small bits of gorgonzola, about 7 or 8 piccolo baby toms (yum!) bresaola, cucumber and 2 bigger toms: Avalantino (Asda) & Camarque (Sainsbury's) so I could do a taste test of them. Oh and about a 2 inch section of a long pointy red pepper cut into thin sticks. Put it all on a small tea plate so I wasn't tempted to fill a large plate. Worked just fine, and lasted for ages while I tried to find some decent High Fat/Low Carb recipe books on Amazon. Not sure if I've managed it though.
SnackLunch1SM2_zpsiobik4ov.jpg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ROFL!

I just had brie, 2 small bits of gorgonzola, about 7 or 8 piccolo baby toms (yum!) bresaola, cucumber and 2 bigger toms: Avalantino (Asda) & Camarque (Sainsbury's) so I could do a taste test of them. Oh and about a 2 inch section of a long pointy red pepper cut into thin sticks. Put it all on a small tea plate so I wasn't tempted to fill a large plate. Worked just fine, and lasted for ages while I tried to find some decent High Fat/Low Carb recipe books on Amazon. Not sure if I've managed it though.

Those point peppers are lovely halved, length-wise to create a sort of tough shape, then fill with the cream cheese of your choosing, plus any herbs you fancy. I almost always chop some jalepenos and sprinkle with a touch of paprika, then bake or grill until the pepper softens a but and the cheese does what cheese does.

Takes no time at all and is a lovely light meal.

Reactions: 3 people

Sofie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: 2 slices of bread with butter and cheese.
Lunch: 1 slice of bread with butter and cheese.
Dinner: Chinese food at a restaurant.

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ROFL!

That looks lovely. Very colourful.

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
2 egg omelette and a generous handful of assorted small fruits with plain Greek yoghurt washed down with real coffee.
A brisk 2mile walk followed by a small shopping trip.
Lunch was fried corned beef slices with salad. (I love corned beef). As a special treat a FRESH CREAM DOUGHNUT.
The first in 6 months. They still taste Ummmmm.
Another 2 mile brisk walk.
For tea - 2 Ryvita sandwiches with very thin cheese filling and tea, no sugar. ( Haven't had any for six months) and in that time lost 2 stone.
Does that sound like a diet ?

Reactions: 5 people

MrsHutt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: 2 cups tea with milk
L: favourite Lidl HP roll, sliced in half and toasted - half with butter and tiny bit of jam, half with mushrooms fried in coconut oil
D: pork chop, broccoli, courgettes, Cauliflower mash, raspberries and Greek yogurt
S: nuts (pecans & almonds), Atkins coconut chocolate bar thing
2 glasses rose!!

Reactions: 6 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.25am [NZ time] A very early breakfast of plain porridge and milk. No sugar. Not my usual time for having bfast but I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep and I wanted to prevent any liver dumping which I hate so much!
Fbg was 7.0 (The lowest this week so it's not a bad number for me.)

6am Had breakfast again! Bacon, egg, capsicum. Two hours later: bgl still 7.0 (Not bad, at least it hasn't increased.)

Lunch @ 12pm was cottage cheese and slice of apple. This and a 3 hour shopping trip to town and back (I walked) brought the latest reading to 5.6 at 3.30pm. Treated myself to a yummy moccachino while I was at the mall and resisted the temptation to have cake. Instead I came home and had a slice of apple with peanut butter. Boring but better for me. :)

I'm happy whenever I hit the fives or even sixes. But as always the challenge now is to maintain this level at dinner time.
Dinner will be baked chicken drumsticks, potatoes and pumpkin for the family. Just chicken and salad for me (maybe a small piece of pumpkin). Oh yes, a glass of wine to keep the bgl down. :) Happy weekend to all!

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 egg omelette and a generous handful of assorted small fruits with plain Greek yoghurt washed down with real coffee.
A brisk 2mile walk followed by a small shopping trip.
Lunch was fried corned beef slices with salad. (I love corned beef). As a special treat a FRESH CREAM DOUGHNUT.
The first in 6 months. They still taste Ummmmm.
Another 2 mile brisk walk.
For tea - 2 Ryvita sandwiches with very thin cheese filling and tea, no sugar. ( Haven't had any for six months) and in that time lost 2 stone.
Does that sound like a diet ?

It sounds like you had a lovely day. I love doughnuts and real coffee.

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brekky: Low carb toast & coffee.
Think I might not open a new loaf when this one is finished (couple of slices left - new loaf in freezer,) and just have a bit of cheese or something first thing for a while.
(Lunch/Dinner Yesterday: Just Veg:)
2MealPics_zps6awp0wlp.jpg