Newcastle 1 Diabetes 0 - H/T

Time2Change

The wife god bless her has been coming up with some lovely soups so they are helping ... but would love something that could "meat-up" the salad/stirfry.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That could be a factor and worries me a wee bit.

Don't let it worry you. Use it as a learning tool. If your bs is going higher than you like you just need to lower carbs or some foods. Your meter will answer your questions. In my personal experience liquid carbs are the worst. YMMV of course

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think a BG of 6, after 6 days, bearing in mind that's in the normal range, suggests the op has enough insulin response to cope with the carbs, and as you say, liquid carbs can be the worst.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok forgive me. Being in the US I have tried to find info on NC diet. I get the 800 calorie thing but what percent is protein fat and carbs. I did see the shakes ( but not ingred or macros) and 3 servings of non starchy veggies totaling 200 additional cals to the shakes. Are you to not eat animal protein? What about healthy fats? If I chose not to do shakes and wanted to eat real food is there something I should not be doing? I am around 800 cals but I would estimate it is 80% fat. Healthy fats of course. Bs us doing quite well, sometimes even a tad too low fir my liking. I don't like to spend the day in the low to mid 70s. I prefer the 80's. Just looking to tweak and can't find any info on macros or meal plans other than the shakes and still can't find the macros or ingred for those.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Not done gravy but done the rest. Its really more something to mix in with them.
It was a problem for me too. Just rotate thru your options so it is different every night. Also I agree that the shakes and veges ar still the way to go as they reflect the study and research. 3kg that is a great start

Time2Change

It was a problem for me too. Just rotate thru your options so it is different every night. Also I agree that the shakes and veges ar still the way to go as they reflect the study and research. 3kg that is a great start

Convinced the mrs to make a veggie Bolognese ... omg .... it was wonderful !

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta