Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
You're doing very well;) How do you get the MFP picture please? I just have the weight loss in figures. It would be nice to see it in another form :)
Hi Kim
If you go to your apps in MFP, click on tickers, find the one you want, then copy and paste the code given into your signature here :)

Reactions: 4 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
31/3/16 - Good Afternoon.

6.1 this morning (Happy:D)

Reactions: 26 people

Sofie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.1 this morning, and my GP is talking about "undiagnosing" my T2 diabetes! (I actually disagree with her logic on this but it's still a positive sign!)

How is that possible? I thought Diabetes is for a lifetime, but that it is possible for some to be symptom free for months or may be a few years.

If that had happened to me I would have become very unsure about my GP. A resting Diabetes would be fine, but "undiagnosed" ... ???

Reactions: 9 people

Beelady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe and offal
11.6 That's why I'm worried and trying the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet. Was 12.8 when I started a week ago. Must admit it's hard work for me at the moment!
HbAC1 was 64 just 2 weeks ago. Not good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Missed a few days, so catching up:
Mon am 6.1 :grumpy:
Tue am 5.4 :)
Wed am 5.2 :)
Today am 4.7 :D Then had a BP check and put on meds for high bp (150/60) :arghh::depressed:

Reactions: 17 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11.6 That's why I'm worried and trying the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet. Was 12.8 when I started a week ago. Must admit it's hard work for me at the moment!
Hang in there, the first couple of weeks are the worst and if you stick at it, it'll be worth it.

Reactions: 7 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Keep at it my sugars when diagnosed were at 29mmol I now average around 7mmol most days it has taken a couple of months to get control but im now reaping the benefits

Reactions: 11 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at 7.15 yesterday morning (thumbs up) but 7.6 at 7.40 this morning after a really bad night - woke up at 3 and didn't get back off until after 5. Good job I was on leave!

Reactions: 18 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How is that possible? I thought Diabetes is for a lifetime, but that it is possible for some to be symptom free for months or may be a few years.

If that had happened to me I would have become very unsure about my GP. A resting Diabetes would be fine, but "undiagnosed" ... ???
Her logic (which I've mentioned I don't agree with ) is that my HbA1c is so far below the threshold for diabetes that I no longer meet the diagnostic criteria. My personal view is that my diabetes is in remission not cured, because I'm pretty sure that if I went back to eating carbs my BG would rise rapidly, however I'm not going to test the theory just to prove the GP wrong - it doesn't matter to me what label I have or don't have on my file :)

Reactions: 7 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
3.9 at 6am
Low for me a bit shaky to be honest - ate 3 jelly babies re tested 15 mins later 6.8 so all is good

Reactions: 21 people