Beer

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, whilst I am aware of the dangers of too much alcohol I have to admit to enjoying a pint or two on an evening. One of the problems is that my usual tipple (Carlsberg export) has 7g carbs per 275ml and I consider this a bit high. The other day it occurred to me that years ago I used to enjoy a drink called marston`s low c, the c standing for carbs, I have just found it again and at 1.65g carbs and zero sugar per 275ml I consider it well worth the 10 mile trip to stock up. In case anybody should be interested it`s a pale beer with a sharp, dry taste 4.7% abv and It`s called marston`s resolution low c. Real ale drinkers won`t like it because it has a slightly thin taste due to a double fermentation process which gets rid of the sugar and most of the carbs, but It suits me!

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Holsten Pils is low c as well, Many years ago it actually had a label on it to say recommended by the British diabetic association until the do gooders thought it sounded as if they were actually recommending people to drink so had it removed. I think its about 4gs per can.

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah I used to drink diat pils at one time until a 1/2 pint bottle started to cost more than a pint of lager! I have just bought the low c from a brewery shop for 76p per bottle which I`m well happy with.

Phlogiston

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, ofsted inspectors, uninvited phonecalls
They sound good - any ideas where you can get them?
Some of my lovely 500ml bottles of real ale have found new homes as I am uncertain what they will do to my carbs.
I don't mind swapping to whisky much of the time. I don't want my only beer to be those little bottles of french lager.
Maybe I'll have to invite folk round to share the bottles of real ale.
Adam

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some of my lovely 500ml bottles of real ale have found new homes as I am uncertain what they will do to my carbs.
I don't mind swapping to whisky much of the time. I don't want my only beer to be those little bottles of french lager.
Adam
Hi, if you google marston`s resolution low c you will get a few sites.I think one of them is called classicales and they deliver, it depends on where you live but I got mine from the Banks`s brewery shop in Wolverhampton and I think marston`s brewery is in Burton on Trent. Hope any of this helps.

Reactions: 2 people

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you go to Tescos you can buy 4 cans of Holsten Pils for £3.69 and Sainsburys for £4.00, that's not to bad is it. They used to sell Marstons Low C in the pubs around here [ Norwich ] but I havn't seen it for years.

Reactions: 2 people

Phlogiston

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, ofsted inspectors, uninvited phonecalls
I'll keep a look-out
Thanks

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, Thanks for the info I drink a few pints, but have to put up with running 8s while I do so, I'm down to 2 or 2 1/2 pints now have to have a short if I want to drink anymore.

Thanks again for the info

Neil

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Adam
i do like my real ale i drink abbots on Saturdays but the carbs are very high and i have to do lots of adjustment insulin but its worth it for that full flavored 5% nectar

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've still got one of the old countdown books issued by the BDA which has still got the alcohol section in it, I was just having a look and noticed there are quite a few low carb drinks, Faust pils lager 4gs per can, Heldenbrau 3gs, Lamot Pilsner 3gs to name but a few.

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I try to stick to coors light when in the house and If available when I am out. If not I dont really bother with the carb contents

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How many carbs are in a coors light.

Dec_O

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low C was 6 for £5 (i think) in my local Bargain Booze in Stoke on Trent the other day. It isn't bad at all! I don't think I've ever seen it in larger supermarkets though. Quite a few pubs round here sell it also

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a real beer fiend. Ill keep an eye out. Cheers!

wd6ecc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i go down the craft beer brewery i have 2 pints with food, testing after 3 hours sugar around = 9.5 ,2 hours after sugar 3.8 ,3 pieces of chocolate brings me back to 6.8 this is just once a week got to have a bit of fun

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i go down the craft beer brewery i have 2 pints with food, testing after 3 hours sugar around = 9.5 ,2 hours after sugar 3.8 ,3 pieces of chocolate brings me back to 6.8 this is just once a week got to have a bit of fun
I do drink the beer, have been as high as 9.3, but now I have lost the weight and got my numbers down generaly, usually early 8s for about 1/2 an hour then seems to return to the 6s quite naturally. I always check though. 3 pints max.

Neil:)

hamrag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bargain booze chain can get Marstons Resolution, £21 case of 24, 275ml bottles, my local shop order it for me when I run out, brill service.