optimax alternative !

tezryu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello fellow forum members i am new to this forum but would like to ask if anyone knows of a none dairy based meal replacement shake that does not use milk as i am attempting to do the Newcastle diet which advises no milk in there shakes , i am now into my 3 rd week and have been using slimfast shakes as an alternative to the optifast shakes not available in this country , but am concerned that i will not achieve the results hoped for by using milk which is forbidden in the diet guide lines , any ideas please ?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the optifast shakes came either pre mixed, or as a powder with dried milk as part of the contents, so needed to be mixed with water, and so will give a very repeatable balance of nutrients and calories. 'Cheaper' shakes mix with milk, but allow for the extra calories the milk will provide, but it depends on the customer using the correct amount of the right type of milk, but over the eight weeks the up's and down's will balance.
I suspect the Newcastle Diet would suffer if you drank extra milk though, as it will add more calories to the day.

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I plan to use almond milk and make a coffee drink with it. When I mix powder protein shakes I just use water. So how are you doing so far???? How much did you weight to begin with and how much now? Do you feel great??? WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Sunny, I don't know what country you're in but you should just go to the local supermarket and find a "low cal" protein shake, however I think they are milk/whey based. I found one at Kmart which is 60 cal a serving, it's "lite", and the brand is "Designer Protein"