bit of a moan

neededthat

right, im having a moan when i was first diagnosed my dn at the hospital was brilliant and after the first month or so i was getting my head around all the info i was given(although not always adheard to) i was happy going once a month to see her talking about anything and she was always supportive and encouraging slowly moving to once every 2 months everything was fine, then who ever it was decided to move my diabetic care to the "local diabetic clinic" (hospital nurse knew nothing about it she rang me when she thought i'd missed my appointment) where your suposed to get a more personal and better continuity of care. well what a shower of sh*t they are(sorry bout the swear word but thats how i feel)
my first trip there my nurse who i was suposed to see was on holiday (so why book appointments for her if shes on holiday?) i know everyones has holidays but why book people in for appointments. anyway saw a stand in nurse who was very nice and all that,but there computer system had next to nothing on it they didn't know what type of insulin i was on no test results from hba1c i had a month ago nothing. she made notes to check my feet on my next trip asked if i'd seen a dietition to which i said no(don't know if it was suposed to have) also i thought i was due my annual check but nothing been booked
anyway it was my 2nd trip there today 900 i was sitting there waiting with my fresh clean feet :D to be told my nurse had been double booked and she was at the hospital and i would be seen by a differant nurse again :(
i showed here my bg levels i had wrote every single bg reading insulin took, food i'd eaten, absolutly everything(so they could see were or how i could have better results) what did she do? looked at yesterdays and the day befores :twisted: i did want some feed back but i must be asking for to much lol. all she did was weight me took my blood preasure and said see you in 3 months oh yes and gave me some longer needles to try (even though i had the smallest needles because im not the biggest fan of the things lol)
and this is better continuity of care lol. anyway thats my moan over,thanks for listening :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Surely it is possible to go back to the hospital clinic?

If I felt strongly about this I would ring the DN seen at the hospital and chat things through with her to find out if it is possible to return there for care.

If you don't ask you won't know.

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
I agree with the last post.

My sister was/is a nurse withmany years experience and she agrees too!