Yoo Hoo! I'm starting Newcastle tomorrow CAN'T WAIT!

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
HI Carb guy, I know you said it's 800 but I want to do it at 600. I just posted my menu for today. I think I did a good job! Please comment! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
OK to AND BREATHE----
I was diagnosed in the hospital.
My numbers were like 170, 190, I don't think they were above 200.
They did an A1C test.
AT the time I weighed about the same as I do now, about 225. (POUNDS, not kilos. I'm American. We don't know how to do kilos WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!)
Regarding binging then taking metformin, for me, it works. I don't know why but it does.
I said earlier that I'm a TYPE2 diabetic, but really for me this is due to obesity.
If I'm not overweight, I don't have it, HOWEVER, from what I know now, when I lose weight again, I am NOT going to binge because since I'm 55 now, I don't think it's a good idea, even though I do exercise every day (90 minute/12 minute bike ride), I think after a while your body just can't take it, so why abuse your body, you know? Am I right?
Also, to Carb guy, I want to lose weight fast because it gives me a boost, morally, mentally, whatever, it makes me feel better in my head, you know?
Like I said in an earlier post, of course I will raise my calories, like probably ultimately to about 1100 or 1200 per day because that has worked fine for me in the past with all my exercise.
Also, the older we are, the less calories we are supposed to eat. Right?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
HI Carb guy, I know you said it's 800 but I want to do it at 600. I just posted my menu for today. I think I did a good job! Please comment! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't see your day's menu. I wish you well, but...in my opinion, the meal replacement shakes are horrific. Just sugar and powdered, processed and artificial chemicals, not food. I know it's only for 8 weeks and they won't kill you, but personally I wouldn't even ingest one of those things. If I were to do a very low calorie diet, I would eat real, nutritionally dense food, like fresh beef.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I didn't see your day's menu. I wish you well, but...in my opinion, the meal replacement shakes are horrific. Just sugar and powdered, processed and artificial chemicals, not food. I know it's only for 8 weeks and they won't kill you, but personally I wouldn't even ingest one of those things. If I were to do a very low calorie diet, I would eat real, nutritionally dense food, like fresh beef.

In total agreement with this, they're just plain nasty. The shakes that is..:D

fene48

Hi Sunny, no, I'm gonna use real food and maybe some of the powdered protein shake mix I already have. I think the point is to eat only 600 cal a day, no matter how you get there. I did find the diet so I'm going to read it, and what I've read so far says that they (the doctors) used liquid shakes, etc., but I tend to think those patients probably had bad diabetes whereas I don't.
The point of the shakes is to have a balanced intake of nutrients. Protein shakes do not fit the bill, but you may be told by your doctor to have extra protein ( to limit lean muscle tissue loss). Please listen to Prof Taylor's lecture before you start/modify the diet.. It was designed and studied by people who know their stuff. Best of luck.

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello everyone, I am now on day 2 and doing fine!
I do have access to the shakes, Optifast? Medifast? Slimfast? etc., I may get some, but I want to use the food I already have first. I have chicken, frozen veg, whole grain bread, grapefruits (I gotmore at the orchard yesterday and I may go pick some oranges later today), bananas, sardines, tuna, etc.
People here on this post have REPEATEDLY told me that ND is 800 cal per day, 600 w/ the shakes and 200 in vegetables.
OK! I UNDERSTAND THAT!!!
I do not see harm in eating 600 a day if there is no hunger and letting the FAT burn off in exercise, because that's what will happen for someone like me.
I am 5-6 weigh 225 (yesterday, did not weigh myself today) and I exercise/bike ride every day.
Clearing out the overflowing stomach is GOOD not bad, and keeping it to just enough NOT OVERFED is what people with diabetes are supposed to do. When my stomach is full is when I have a lot of weird symptoms.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Ok, but you were the one that said you were starting the Newcastle Diet, so people have mentioned that what you are doing isn't the ND - that's all. Would you expect them not to comment? I wish you success, with what you hope to achieve.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Perhaps this should be called the diadieter diet.

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ok, but you were the one that said you were starting the Newcastle Diet, so people have mentioned that what you are doing isn't the ND - that's all. Would you expect them not to comment? I wish you success, with what you hope to achieve.
I am HAPPY people commented on my post.
I have NO PROBLEM with people commenting on my post.
That's what this is for, for people to comment and help eachother.
I AM HAPPY PEOPLE COMMENTED ON MY POST AND CORRECTED ME ABOUT THE ND CALORIES!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I
AM
HAPPY!!!!!!!!
I really am!!

diadieter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am HAPPY people commented on my post.
I have NO PROBLEM with people commenting on my post.
That's what this is for, for people to comment and help eachother.
I AM HAPPY PEOPLE COMMENTED ON MY POST AND CORRECTED ME ABOUT THE ND CALORIES!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I
AM
HAPPY!!!!!!!!
I really am!!
The diadieter diet??? LOL I LIKE THAT!!! THAT'S CUTE!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belzedar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not trying to dissuade you from anything, but you make a couple of points I'd like to clarify if I may?

Firstly, you say if you eat properly and take Metformin your bloods run too low? How low is too low? What are your numbers if you do that?

Secondly, if you are going too low, you should be having a discussion with your Doctor about it to adjust your medication. I would never, ever advocate "eating up" to match medication, when a drug can be reduced to accommodate a healthy eating rhythm.

And thirdly, if you are going too low, when eating properly and taking Metformin, what do you imagine the impact of the Newcastle Diet to be, if you embark upon it, taking Metformin as you currently do?

Good luck with it all. :)

A diet of grapefruit is contraindicated with metformin.
Possibly you need to revise your approach.

And statins, too. Worth mentioning that because you're probably on those, too.