Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
2/4/16 - Morning All.

5.9 and happy with this:)

Reactions: 15 people

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Well so happy this morning BG @ 8:45 this morning is 9.8 not perfect but a huge improvement on yesterday's 13.2 going to be a good day today happy Saturday peeps xx

Reactions: 17 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.2 at 9:24. Very good for me although I don't understand as had huge amounts of carbs last night

Reactions: 21 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
10.2 at 9:24. Very good for me although I don't understand as had huge amounts of carbs last night
@Naomi425 those carbs are keeping your bgs high. Bread, potato, rice. Fruit juices etc. Remember tomatoes are a fruit!
Reduce your carbs and your bgs will follow. :)

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All 7.3 this morning......I am just accepting that as all my other readings are in the high 5's and low 6's my liver is just doing what it should.....Just wish it would get a move on and stop doing it though!
@Lindy1706 the liver dump is natural.
I con mine by eating a protein for supper so no fasting to trigger the liver output. :)
It keeps your hba1c down too.

Reactions: 10 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 today, after fasting for 2 days. Empties the liver, and I'm a notch down on the visceral fat measurement on my scale. :)

Reactions: 10 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun when you say supper how late do you eat? I normally stop eating around 8pm.....Should I be maybe having a protein snack later before bed?

Reactions: 9 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun when you say supper how late do you eat? I normally stop eating around 8pm.....Should I be maybe having a protein snack later before bed?

Hi @Lindy1706 - I have a snack of 2 crackerwheat with butter and cheese about 11.30pm - and my fasting sugars are within range, when I don't have a late snack my fasting is much higher. @ickihun knows her stuff, be guided by her excellent advice = I have.:)

Reactions: 2 people