8 WEEK BLOOD SUGAR DIET AND IT WAS ALL GOING SO WELL HELP!

mallins

Trouble is, you are not going to live on 800 cals a day forever, so maybe this isn't the way forward for you. Sadly, in my experience, if you lose weight quickly it goes back on quickly.

What about your exercise regime? Is there any way you can increase that? That may help to bring your BGs down and lose the weight. Bl**dy hard work though! :confused:
Yeah I go to the gym 2 -3 times a week to help with my sugars.

Reactions: 4 people

mallins

Kitchen currently contains things like:
Meat- chicken, pork tenderloin, ground turkey, ground beef, and ground pork sausage
Cheese/Dairy- about 5-6 different varieties of cheese; several pounds of greek yogurt
Vegetables- several pounds of broccoli, okra, cauliflower, onions, and other peppers (actually no spinach at the moment as I got tired of it)
Nuts- Almonds, pecans, and pistachios

Yes, I do eat the same things on most days, but only until I get tired of something. I never force myself to eat something I don't like.

On Saturday, I had several thousand calories and around 500g of carbs to celebrate my cousin's wedding. I paid for it all day Sunday (and a little on Monday), but it was a rare occurrence for me otherwise.
Yeah my kitchen has all the same foods that are in yours and I'm a good cook so I'm quite inventive with food so when I'm at home I'm in control of things it's only when I'm out and about that I find it difficult. It's when I have things that I'm not supposed to have that it screws up my sugars for quite a while and it seems to take ages to get them back on track.

Anyway I guess it all a learning curve.

Jaycee11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All.

Well it was all going so well until life got in the way. I managed to get to week 5 on the blood sugar diet and had my sugars down into the normal range. I managed to lose 9lb which was good and then it all went horribly wrong. It started when I had a weekend in London so very difficult to stick to 800 calories when you're out and about so my sugars went up just a little and I put on a couple of pounds not too bad all considered. Anyway got back on the diet then was invited to friends for the weekend no control over food another couple of pounds on! and sugars are now creeping up. Then it was mothers day help! out for more meals with family what's a girl supposed to do. We have just returned from another weekend away down in sussex and another couple of 1lbs on but the worst thing is that my sugars are back into the diabetic range again and although I've started back on the diet the sugars are not coming down this time Help!

I've been getting reading now in the 7 -9 first thing in the mornings with no sign of them coming down. I'm trying my hardest to stick with it but I feel at my age I don't want to put my life on hold and I want to enjoy life and not have to think about whether I should go away for a weekend or not.

The good news is I've lost 1lb bad news is sugars are still in the diabetic range first thing in the morning. I've got my 3 monthly blood test next week so will see what that shows.

Oh god I feel better now for sounding off.

Thanks everyone for listening. Onwards and Upwards as they say!

Mallins x
Well done
I want to try this diet but I'm wheat, gluten, dairy and nut free plus I can't eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. Has anybody with food allergies managed to do try this diet? I'm desperate to lose weight and control my sugars a bit better. Thanks in advance

Notwithstanding

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being fit & healthy
Mallins

My experience of this diet is somewhat similar - to a degree. I had been on it for 5 weeks before going on holiday for 7 days., during which I ate a lot of food most of it healthy (but a lot more than I was used to on the diet). To my surprise I only put on 1 pound 12 ounces on holiday, but my blood sugar readings had risen from an average of 5.2 , whilst on the diet, to an average of 6.0. I had also got a lot of 4s previous to the holiday - not for the first week back on the diet, though ! However, I am back on the diet (for 2 weeks) & my weight has dropped down to 3 lbs below what it was before the holiday & I am averaging 5.7 on the blood readings. However, I have not had any 4s !
I am happy with my progress & would advise you to "stick with it".

mallins

Mallins

My experience of this diet is somewhat similar - to a degree. I had been on it for 5 weeks before going on holiday for 7 days., during which I ate a lot of food most of it healthy (but a lot more than I was used to on the diet). To my surprise I only put on 1 pound 12 ounces on holiday, but my blood sugar readings had risen from an average of 5.2 , whilst on the diet, to an average of 6.0. I had also got a lot of 4s previous to the holiday - not for the first week back on the diet, though ! However, I am back on the diet (for 2 weeks) & my weight has dropped down to 3 lbs below what it was before the holiday & I am averaging 5.7 on the blood readings. However, I have not had any 4s !
I am happy with my progress & would advise you to "stick with it".
Thanks
I've come off it at the moment as I've got too many social thing coming up and it will be difficult for me to stick to it. I'm just trying to stick to the low carbs and healthy eating. My weight is coming down slowly but the blood sugars have not returned to the levels that I had on the 8 week diet.
Cheers

Lilliepop

Well done
I want to try this diet but I'm wheat, gluten, dairy and nut free plus I can't eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. Has anybody with food allergies managed to do try this diet? I'm desperate to lose weight and control my sugars a bit better. Thanks in advance
Hello. I have the same problem as you with food. If I find something I can eat that's low carb it's then got gluten, then if I find something gluten free it's high carb drives me MAD! I can't eat a lot of fruits and veg the only thing that's not the same as you is nuts but not keen on them. Also sweeteners they upset my stomach. Not much left to eat really.
I have tried this diet but it's a bit more difficult with food intolerances, but it can be done with help from all the nice people on here. Would like to keep in touch maybe we can help each other. So you can send a PM if you want too, you might find something we can eat and visa versa. Bye

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You say you are low carb but there is a big variance in what we perseve as low carb. How low are you?
I personally find dairy in all shapes and forms to cause insulin resistance. As well as grains of course and for some odd reason peanuts

I love food too but I have learned to eat to live, not live to eat. I indulged too many times, saw my bs stay up too long and spent the next 3 days trying to get it back down. Generally it's just not worth it for me.

mallins

You say you are low carb but there is a big variance in what we perseve as low carb. How low are you?
I personally find dairy in all shapes and forms to cause insulin resistance. As well as grains of course and for some odd reason peanuts

I love food too but I have learned to eat to live, not live to eat. I indulged too many times, saw my bs stay up too long and spent the next 3 days trying to get it back down. Generally it's just not worth it for me.
yep you've hit the nail on the head. I know what my problem is it's just addressing it! I try to keep to max 35g carbs a day but like you it's when I indulge too many times that everything goes haywire. Basically it's a problem with the old willpower. I know I can do it when the head is in the right place but unfortunately temptation gets in the way of the old sense and sensibility!

Reactions: 2 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
yep you've hit the nail on the head. I know what my problem is it's just addressing it! I try to keep to max 35g carbs a day but like you it's when I indulge too many times that everything goes haywire. Basically it's a problem with the old willpower. I know I can do it when the head is in the right place but unfortunately temptation gets in the way of the old sense and sensibility!

It took me many times before I just got sick of fixing it. I always tell myself one bad meal equals 3 bad days. The food stopped looking as appealing. I'm not even saying I ate wrong foods, just too much. I will admit it is hard to be in front of a buffet or sitting around a table for an hour watching everyone else indulge. I do try to avoid it when I can just because it eliminates the anxiety. Both ways. If I don't eat it and stay on track it tough but in the other hand if I do eat it I know bs will be bad. No win situation. I love my own food so I stick to it as much as I can. There are foods out that I know I can eat safely like a Caesar salad hold the cheese. Diabetes is a nasty disease that's for sure. I just don't like playing its game.

Reactions: 4 people