What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent another evening on morphine in And E last night. I'm having trouble with a hernia and every time I move my insides are getting pushed and pulled about causing immense pain. Have appointment tomorrow with surgery clinic.
Have been told to eat soft foods.
L: mashed up cauliflower cheese.
D: Tesco frozen tomato and red pepper healthy eating soup, 3x tablespoons plain yoghurt.
S: water, banana, few grapes ( also been told to eat fruit) bit blocked up lol.

adriangoatseye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Banks
Spent another evening on morphine in And E last night. I'm having trouble with a hernia and every time I move my insides are getting pushed and pulled about causing immense pain. Have appointment tomorrow with surgery clinic.
Have been told to eat soft foods.
L: mashed up cauliflower cheese.
D: Tesco frozen tomato and red pepper healthy eating soup, 3x tablespoons plain yoghurt.
S: water, banana, few grapes ( also been told to eat fruit) bit blocked up lol.

For fibre try a dish with lentils like channa Dahl

Reactions: 2 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
The battery on my codefree has died on me after a month or so of use, I feel a bit lost, lol. Will try to replace it tomorrow and if that, too, doesn't last long then I'll contact the supplier.
I've just been to see what type of battery my meter needs and it turns out that it's working again now. Weird!

adriangoatseye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Banks
To start today

200g Heinz low sugar beans, 50g tomatoes, 50g cucumber and 50g Tesco soft cheese. Works out at approx 280 cals, 20g carbs and 8g dietary fibre. I wanted to get more fibre because I feel I have been a bit low in the last couple of days. A nicely balanced start I feel although the ultra low carbers will look at the 200g of beans in horror I know. Still on course for 100g or less of carbs.

Reactions: 8 people

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, 1 boiled egg, 1 small piece of Cathedral cheese, 3 slices of cooked ham and 3 slices of cooked chicken. Would be zero carbs if the ham and chicken didn't have potato starch in them. Will know for next time.

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Tomato Bread and Cafe con Leche in a cafe on La Rambla
S: Bag of mixed salted nuts on EasyJet
L: 2 Egg Omelette with Grated Cheddar
D: Roast Beef, Cauliflower Mash and various green leafy things.
2 squares 85% Tesco

Reactions: 5 people
D

debrasue

Yep, it's on page 51 of the low-carb recipes thread! I spent yesterday afternoon reading through them for ideas. There's loads of great recipes!
Yes, I found them on there too. Decided I'd better not make them, though, because I would scoff the lot! I am not to be trusted around chocolate. :(

Reactions: 4 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Yes, I found them on there too. Decided I'd better not make them, though, because I would scoff the lot! I am not to be trusted around chocolate. :(
I'm terrible around milk and white chocolate, I'm capable of troughing family-sized bars or whole boxes of those but these truffles (which are very nice and I'll be making them again) are dark and not terribly sweet (I used 85% chocolate). I'd recommend them if you can control yourself around dark chocolate ;-)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday I had ...
B - bacon & cheese on a cauli tortilla with mayo. This came in at nearly 900 calories! Durn tasty though
D - roast chicken with roasted peppers, courgette onion & toms.
S - peanuts & too much beer, Coconut water, coffee & cream.

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello . Yesterday I had
B. Raspberries with cream

L. Cauliflower cheese with roast chicken thighs,

D, cheese with a spoonful of houmous.

D

debrasue

I'm terrible around milk and white chocolate, I'm capable of troughing family-sized bars or whole boxes of those but these truffles (which are very nice and I'll be making them again) are dark and not terribly sweet (I used 85% chocolate). I'd recommend them if you can control yourself around dark chocolate ;-)
Well, it's true that milk chocolate has always been my downfall and I don't really enjoy dark chocolate, but unfortunately I am so feeble-minded that a couple of bits of dark chocolate is often enough to set up a total obsession about wrapping myself around a few dozen bars of Cadbury's Dairy Milk ! :(

D

debrasue

To start today

200g Heinz low sugar beans, 50g tomatoes, 50g cucumber and 50g Tesco soft cheese. Works out at approx 280 cals, 20g carbs and 8g dietary fibre. I wanted to get more fibre because I feel I have been a bit low in the last couple of days. A nicely balanced start I feel although the ultra low carbers will look at the 200g of beans in horror I know. Still on course for 100g or less of carbs.
Have you tried adding psyllium powder to things for extra fibre? It's good in baking sweet or savoury stuff, and you could add some to anything with a sauce without it being detectable.

D

debrasue

Yesterday I had ...
B - bacon & cheese on a cauli tortilla with mayo. This came in at nearly 900 calories! Durn tasty though
D - roast chicken with roasted peppers, courgette onion & toms.
S - peanuts & too much beer, Coconut water, coffee & cream.
I wish there was such a thing as low-calorie, thick-cut smoked bacon! :(

adriangoatseye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Banks
Have you tried adding psyllium powder to things for extra fibre? It's good in baking sweet or savoury stuff, and you could add some to anything with a sauce without it being detectable.

Hi debrasue. Thanks for the tip. Something new I have learned about. I don't think I necessary need to go this far because I am finding I am getting into a nice rhythm of rotating different foods to make sure I give my body what it needs. On Saturday I had the pleasant surprise of being under 14st (13st 11lbs). Quite a feat I feel given that I was 15st 3lbs in mid/late January. I feel so much better. I am still not testing my blood and have no clue what my HbA1c is. I am aiming to get to 13st and then maintain that for 3 months before going for another blood test. That will, I feel, give me a true indication of whether I may need to be medicated or not (well medicated for diabetes. Most people I know think I should be medicated :D)

D

debrasue

Hmmm, not a good food day today... :( I made a food plan as usual and stuck to it for breakfast (scrambled egg, Bfree toast, and the ubiquitous raspberries and cream), but then I was craving something else, although I didn't know what. So I've been through the house like a locust ever since, eating a load of stuff I DON'T want.
Fortunately I don't have anything carbalicious in the house, otherwise I would have eaten it all for sure, but I've still managed to chalk up 927 calories and 21g of carbs, and it's nowhere near dinner time yet!
:eek:

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaxseed and full fat yogurt
L: home made low-carb soup (or Hulk soup according to my youngest as its very green - made with celery, spinach and broccoli with lots of garlic and big splash of cream) with low carb courgette bread and a small chunk of 85%cocoa chocolate.
D: toasted courgette bread

Made choc-chip cookies with kids oohh they smelt so good (the cookies not the kids).

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody

B. Bacon with two fried eggs

L. Chicken thigh

D. Smoked haddock fillets with Greek salad

S. Warburtons Newburn bakery gluten free bread , one slice toasted with butter. Don't know effect on blood sugar yet.

Last edited by a moderator: