Diabetic Craft Club

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mep, I always put the photos I want to upload on my desktop, it is easier to find rather than browsing through stuff.

Thanks :) I do know how to upload from my computer, but this site keeps coming up with errors when I try and load... doesn't like the pic size or something.

Reactions: 2 people

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Blocking flower squares.jpg
this is the pic of my current blocking..... @paula.nolan42 - I finally figured it out... had to reduce my pic size a lot. lol. But this is part of the blanket I'm working on at the moment for my niece.

Reactions: 4 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
This forum just keep surprising me....we have here even a craft section !!! Brilliant.
So to introductions...I'm crafter too. I deal lot with raw wool, preferably straight from the sheep's back, the fresher the better..and other fibres too. I play with my wool, it is been heavily petted, sorted, washed, sometimes dyed and/or blended with something else, combed/carded, I spin my own yarn....knit, crochet, sow, weave, felt. What ever takes my fancy.
I carve wood too...regularly raiding our log baskets and when ever I see anything suitable or interesting, I turn them into something useful...spatulas, butter knives, shawl pins.
I sew too..though recently I haven't done anything else than some alterations..one just cannot find enough spare time for everything!
I'm looking forward to have good look around what you all have been making.

Reactions: 6 people

YorkshireAli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love this thread! What a lot of incredibly talented people there are on here - and such a varied range of crafts, too.

I couldn't live without making things - I started with sewing and knitting when I was very young, then drawing and painting, cross-stitch, patchworking...you name it, I've probably tried it! More recently I've made jewellery, which I took to craft fairs. And now I'm back sewing, making fabric tote bags, which are lined and reversible. (If I knew how to post a picture, I would.)

The trouble with being such a compulsive crafter is the stuff I've amassed over the years... I have a whole craft room in my house now with all the awful evidence of my dedication. I dread to think how I'm going to downsize when the time comes.

Reactions: 4 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I love this thread! What a lot of incredibly talented people there are on here - and such a varied range of crafts, too.

I couldn't live without making things - I started with sewing and knitting when I was very young, then drawing and painting, cross-stitch, patchworking...you name it, I've probably tried it! More recently I've made jewellery, which I took to craft fairs. And now I'm back sewing, making fabric tote bags, which are lined and reversible. (If I knew how to post a picture, I would.)

The trouble with being such a compulsive crafter is the stuff I've amassed over the years... I have a whole craft room in my house now with all the awful evidence of my dedication. I dread to think how I'm going to downsize when the time comes.
I'm exactly the same, we downsized lol but I ought several huge plastic boxes to transfer my stuff, and amassed even more.
Where abouts in Yorkshire are you? I'm in Yorkshire too.

YorkshireAli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm exactly the same, we downsized lol but I ought several huge plastic boxes to transfer my stuff, and amassed even more.
Where abouts in Yorkshire are you? I'm in Yorkshire too.

I'm in North Yorkshire, in a village between Darlington and Northallerton - whereabouts are you?

@YorkshireAli you can add a picture by clicking on the 'upload a file' beside the (green) 'Post Reply'

I'd love to see your work

Thank you - here goes....

ART EXPO 1.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What a nice thread! I do scrap booking and beadwork. If I could see how to attach a picture I would.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I scrapbook recipes! Got 7 books of them
In the kitchen.
Also starting occupational therapy arts n crafts next week where I get the chance to do anything arty.
Thinking about glass painting and saltdough but have been told to try lots of things....
Can't wait. Have enjoyed seeing what others get up to.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey everyone I dress make to accessories to household items this photo is one of my pieces sorry it wNt let me upload many pictures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    965.1 KB · Views: 357

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I go to a local craft afternoon each Wednesday there are painting sessions, carding, book folding, knitting, cross stitch and I take something mini to make. Some just turn up for the company and tea and coffee. Nothing planned, just take in our own crafts.

Reactions: 5 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
My usual craft material is wool. This shawl I made as a pressie for my mother's 70'th birthday. It is made from just one source of wool...fleece from Jacob sheep. It's fleece is multi-coloured so I blended up all the different colours to get different shades for gradient yarn. Spun the wool and knitted the yarn.
This kind of projects tend to take lots of time to get done so I don't do them very many. I'm most content making smaller everyday items....socks, mittens, hats and I'm just in process making myself vest/gilet king of 'thingy' :)...though at this rate of progress I might get to wear it for next winter:rolleyes:

Attachments

• rsz_100_2647 resized.jpg
    rsz_100_2647 resized.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 338
  • rsz_000_0122_21602013920_oresized.jpg
    rsz_000_0122_21602013920_oresized.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 345
  • rsz_100_2131_21799739981_o resize.jpg
    rsz_100_2131_21799739981_o resize.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_2150_21171638373_o.jpg
    100_2150_21171638373_o.jpg