LivLife Bread

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rock and roll! I've not heard of that bread - did it taste good? I'll get googling!

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I tried it (from Waitrose). It was ok but the slices are a bit small. I used it mainly toasted to spread pate on for a snack. It was too small for sandwiches.

Last edited by a moderator:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Added this to my Ocado order, it sounds great. I've started making smoked mackerel pate (fish, mascarpone, lime juice and zest) and would love some 'toast' to go with it. Says 3.8g carbs per slice so I could push the boat out and have 2 slices

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get this for my bloke who's a type 2. He takes peanut butter sandwiches to work. I think it makes him feel like a real boy! He refuses to take salads to eat in front if the other lads. He enjoys it. If he has toast the butter is sliced onto it.

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I've bought this a few times from Waitrose. Managed to actually buy a couple of reduced ones once and freeze them but that is rare!! I like the grains in it and prefer it toasted. :)

Reactions: 6 people

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
This bread is one of my staples! Its hard enough being diabetic without giving up bread. I sometimes find it in my local waitrose but as i don't shop there all the time, I buy it in bulk off amazon. You can freeze it, it tastes better toasted once its been frozen. Yes it is smaller than regular bread, but I'm used to the size now and try to make my sarnies heavy on the (low carb) filling.

cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My local Waitrose only gets 1 loaf every 3-4 days, so I usually buy fresh and stock up / freeze from Ocado.

Great tip about Amazon!

mizloco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had this Livlife bread after reading about it on here. Now for someone who likes white bread toasted I actually think it's lovely. I have tried a few seeded type breads trying to find one I can have and here it is. Small slices and a little expensive but worth it. I will be getting this from now on.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yum, just enjoying this bread for the first time. It's very thinly cut, and the slices are small - but just enjoying my first cheese sandwich since Jan ok, a minute one as I cut a slice of the bread in half but pretty nice.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yum, just enjoying this bread for the first time. It's very thinly cut, and the slices are small - but just enjoying my first cheese sandwich since Jan ok, a minute one as I cut a slice of the bread in half but pretty nice.
Still trying to find it in shops. Might try Amazon.

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morrisons and Waitrose listed - I shop online so that was easy. Also you can order it from their website, a little more expensive but I think you get 4 loaves!

mizloco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just asked my local waitrose if they would order me a loaf as they only get five loaves in over three days and I am struggling to get in when they are there due to working. If not I am going to empty space in my freezer and order four at a time. Very nice bread though.