What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cheese on 2 slices LivLife toasted
L: Roast chicken breast
D: Red Thai Chicken Curry, Stir Fried Veg
2 x 85%

Reactions: 4 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Breakfast - a Carob 9 bar. Lunch - Chicken Tikka and a side salad. Dinner - 3 Lamb chops, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, a small amount of gravy. S - Two sugar free sweets, 1 small packet of cashew nuts ( and probably going to have the, what is becoming a regular to my diet, raspberries and cream in a little while )

Reactions: 2 people

adriangoatseye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Banks
B: 50g cucumber, 50g tomatoes, 200g Heinz low sugar beans, 50g Tesco soft cheese
Mid Morning: 1 orange
L: Channa Dahl (approx. 80g lentils)
D: 250g chicken, stir-fried and then baked veg (mushrooms, onions, broccoli) with pinch of fajita seasoning and some salt and pepper plus a salad.

2 coffees, 3 teas and 1 bottle of Tesco flavoured fizzy water plus a few cups of plain old tap water (or council pop :)).

Calories approx. 1500 tops, carbs jusdt over 100g, dietary fibre a whopping 37g (and a slightly upset stomach).

Feeling better and better all the time (stomach aside :D). Weight in late Jan 15st 3lbs. Saturday's weigh in 13st 11lbs. It's going to plan so far.

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Yesterday I had ...
B - bacon & cheese on a cauli tortilla with mayo. This came in at nearly 900 calories! Durn tasty though
D - roast chicken with roasted peppers, courgette onion & toms.
S - peanuts & too much beer, Coconut water, coffee & cream.

Where can I find the recipe for this cauli tortilla please?, I've seen it mentioned twice now and would love to try :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
B poached egg on half a lidl roll
L 4 crackerbread / peanut butter 1 tin mackeral fillets in tomato sauce
S 1 pear
D egg omelette with ham cheese and tomato 1 piece of 90% choc

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday's efforts.
B - oxo drink
L - bacon and egg
D - sea bass and cauliflower mash
S - Peperami merlot

Reactions: 8 people
D

debrasue

Hmmm, not a good food day today... :( I made a food plan as usual and stuck to it for breakfast (scrambled egg, Bfree toast, and the ubiquitous raspberries and cream), but then I was craving something else, although I didn't know what. So I've been through the house like a locust ever since, eating a load of stuff I DON'T want.
Fortunately I don't have anything carbalicious in the house, otherwise I would have eaten it all for sure, but I've still managed to chalk up 927 calories and 21g of carbs, and it's nowhere near dinner time yet!
:eek:
Update: Moussaka and salad for dinner, raspberries and cream. Put myself to bed at 8.30 to stop myself from eating! Final score was 1832 cals but only 37.6g carbs, so not a total disaster I suppose. I'm chalking it up to experience, and today's a new day.

Reactions: 10 people

Greenwave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like dinner for breakfast ....

So cabbage sautéed in butter, half an avocado and a small grilled tilapia fish! Yum!

Reactions: 9 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well, it's true that milk chocolate has always been my downfall and I don't really enjoy dark chocolate, but unfortunately I am so feeble-minded that a couple of bits of dark chocolate is often enough to set up a total obsession about wrapping myself around a few dozen bars of Cadbury's Dairy Milk ! :(
OK fair enough then ;-)

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Yesterday:
Lunch: lamb's lettuce with leftover chicken (shredded), and roquefort
Dinner: salmon with ratatouille. I fried the courgettes in some leftover chicken fat in the hope of adding flavour to these bland veggies. Not sure whether it worked but the overall ratatouille was fine.

D

debrasue

Yesterday:
Lunch: lamb's lettuce with leftover chicken (shredded), and roquefort
Dinner: salmon with ratatouille. I fried the courgettes in some leftover chicken fat in the hope of adding flavour to these bland veggies. Not sure whether it worked but the overall ratatouille was fine.
I know what you mean about the courgettes. I either flash fry them in a very hot pan for less a minute so they're still crunchy, or put them in a dish raw and pour a cheese sauce over them (single cream and grated cheese melted in the microwave), then bake them in the oven until they brown.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Rump steak with Mediterranean vegetables.

D. Grilled Bacon on cheese on gluten free Newburn bread

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast - 9 bar. Lunch - a grilled sweet chilli chicken wrap from Macdonalds ( yes I know this was bad ). Dinner - a sirloin, mixed salad, mushrooms. S - not had any yet but will be a few nuts, raspberries and cream and a square of 70% later in the evening.

D

debrasue

B: Coffee with whole milk
L: Cheese & tomato sandwich on Genius gluten-free bread, raspberries & cream
D: Home-made Scotch eggs (good quality sausagemeat/rolled in parmesan & coconut flour), salad, more raspberries
S: Sugar-free almond macaroon
Cals: 1287; carbs 40.3
Plus a totally calorie/carb-free garden nature hunt in the sunshine with No. 1 Granddaughter, (half a snail shell which a thrush had finished with, 3 woodlice, a worm, 2 feathers, a pretty leaf skeleton, and a bracket fungus - we put the worms and woodlice back where we found them) followed by a visit to see some baby lambs.
Another truly Gold Star day!
:happy:

Reactions: 7 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaxseed, full fat yogurt
L: falafel and salad (best option - eating out with kids)
D: low carb courgette 'bread', real cheddar cheese, nuts.

another visit to cheese shop :happy: cheddar cheese aged in cheddar gorge cave; yummy!!!!

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Impromptu fat fast...

B: coffeencream
L: lc hot choc
S: lc hot choc
D: local butcher's superb sausages and a small portion caulicheese

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today's efforts
B - Oxo drink - I've been feeling a little ... blergh ... and a bit of broth seems to be helping (plus it tastes good)
L - Mattesson's pork sausage
D - Mashed avocado (+ lemon juice, garlic & coriander) on half a Lidl roll
S - Merlot (and no, it's not the peperami vineyard this time) :)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B: flaxseed, full fat yogurt
L: falafel and salad (best option - eating out with kids)
D: low carb courgette 'bread', real cheddar cheese, nuts.

another visit to cheese shop :happy: cheddar cheese aged in cheddar gorge cave; yummy!!!!
I've been tempted by falafel - how does it hit your blood sugars?