Always depressed... Suicide awaits

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.
I am glad i am not the only one who felt that post was unhelpful!

Reactions: 9 people

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
That pit of despair is something you can't understand if you haven't been there. However amazing your loved ones are it doesn't stop you wanting to opt out. It is a very long & hard road to recovery. Fighting is exhausting & painful & many areas have insufficient mental health provision. xx

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted member 83869

That post was beyond unhelpful....you say you had been in the same position...how would you have felt if someone had told you to man up?! You can't just shake this feeling! Sigh! Easier said than done!!!

Hugs mug hope you are okay? X

Reactions: 7 people

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
That post was beyond unhelpful....you say you had been in the same position...how would you have felt if someone had told you to man up?! You can't just shake this feeling! Sigh! Easier said than done!!!

Hugs mug hope you are okay? X
Yes I really hope Meg is ok & that she sees most of us understand x

Reactions: 2 people

MrFoZzY1702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Never ment it in a bad way of saying man up cause your acting a child I ment man up as in you can succeed in beating it and not letting it beat you I've been in the same boat myself and it is hard but once you get a grip of the problem then it's all up hill :) sorry if my context of meaning was put across wrong

janno9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
F1 racing
Hi on diabetes.org there is a careline where you can speak to someone -I imagine this is for any situation causing problems for diabetics,it is just Mon-Fri have a look here see if it can help I know what deep despair can do please take carexx
How to contact Careline
Call: 0345 123 2399*, Monday to Friday, 9am–7pm.

Email: [email protected]
p =

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Never ment it in a bad way of saying man up cause your acting a child I ment man up as in you can succeed in beating it and not letting it beat you I've been in the same boat myself and it is hard but once you get a grip of the problem then it's all up hill :) sorry if my context of meaning was put across wrong
Ok, wording is so important
Hi, I think this is a subject that is very personal to those who have suffered depression so badly & that is why the response has been so strong. For me I have been that deeply in that pit of despair & am about half way up the hill, but still have to fight on a day to day basis & its hard to deal with type 1 along side those feelings. I agree you have to fight, but it is so difficult & some days are better than others, encouragement, love & support all helps. I do appreciate you explaining what you really meant. Thank you x

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Ok, wording is so important

Hi, I think this is a subject that is very personal to those who have suffered depression so badly & that is why the response has been so strong. For me I have been that deeply in that pit of despair & am about half way up the hill, but still have to fight on a day to day basis & its hard to deal with type 1 along side those feelings. I agree you have to fight, but it is so difficult & some days are better than others, encouragement, love & support all helps. I do appreciate you explaining what you really meant. Thank you x
Ps thought I had deleted the first sentence lol:***:

MrFoZzY1702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diabetese will never make you feel good cause you'll control it so well them boom you get a bad day that ruins you and your feelings cause you thought you did really well. My point was don't let it beat you even on your off days I know it's easy said then done but if you can manage to stay strong then you will over come it even with the bad days.

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Diabetese will never make you feel good cause you'll control it so well them boom you get a bad day that ruins you and your feelings cause you thought you did really well. My point was don't let it beat you even on your off days I know it's easy said then done but if you can manage to stay strong then you will over come it even with the bad days.
I agree but it is harder when it isn't just the diabetes you are fighting. Depression is often a seperate beast that isn't just related to the diabetes, when that is the case yes you have to fight, but it is much harder. However I do agree that poor diabetic control won't help mental health issues.

Reactions: 7 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I will always say and have always said if you feel it, it matters,regardless. I could say lots of personal things to add but I won't. I can only say Meg that many sit at the bottom of a well, dark, cold and feels lonely not knowing how to get out. A key to remember is no matter how dark it gets light can appear and it's how you spend your time in the darkness that is super important. I have see you have spent some dark time saying how you feel on here, which is awesome and I can't say when the light might come or how much but keep looking after yourself and keep your support close! It all helps

Reactions: 6 people

Diamummy_

Type of diabetes
Carer
Heart palpitations seem better. I'm on Sertraline,

Hi @Meghalton

I'm not diabetic my little girl is but I am on sertraline as after my daughter was diagnosed and other issues in my life I went down in a spiral but the medication really helped, I hope the doctors get you the help you need and you feel better X

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Meg

How are you?

We are all concerned. We hope that you will come back and "talk" to us.

Have you been managing to keep busy doing something each day?

Keep with us... We all wish you well and would love to hear from you.

Depression is awful. You are not alone.

Reactions: 5 people

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
I've been up and down but am feeling stronger. I'm hoping to keep busy and to try to stay positive.
I might be getting the freestyle libre so I am excited about that! Does anyone have advice? Xxx

Reactions: 9 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Meg my advice is it's awesome!!!! For me it's changed my life I have more energy my bloods are way better and exercise is getting there. I barely notice it's there too except for when I've had issues with it sticking and others taking it off lol

Reactions: 6 people

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Meg my advice is it's awesome!!!! For me it's changed my life I have more energy my bloods are way better and exercise is getting there. I barely notice it's there too except for when I've had issues with it sticking and others taking it off lol

Can you get the sensors on prescription? Was looking at this myself and they are a fortune to buy!