What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

cookie13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - Almond flour pancake with flax , mixed seeds, full fat greek yogurt and summer berries
Lunch - bacon, scrambled eggs, 3 low carb aldi crackers with cream cheese
dinner - aubergine lasagne ( minced meat, onions, grated carrot, garlic in bolognese sauce layered over sliced aubergine and topped with a pot of full fat creme fraiche, some grated cheese and peri peri salt sprinkled on top and cooked in oven for 25 mins - freeze half for next time) and an almond flour carrot cup cake

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Rump steak with fried onions and mushrooms with asparagus.

D. 2 slices Newburn bakery gluten free bread with duck pate

Reactions: 4 people

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Better day, went to a deli and bought smoked salmon for breakfast, just had that. Good job, 1st motorway cafe still only had best alternative of tortilla.
Coffee with heavy cream and 1 square 85% chocolate
Lunch more deli fayre, Serrano ham and cured cheese.
Tapas dinner - smoked sardine, seafood salad, mussels, vegetable tortilla, threw away or refused bread.
Several glasses fine Rioja!

All in all, not bad! Arrive on the North coast today near San Sebastián where we stay for 3 days, booked an apartment instead of a hotel / Hostal so can get some veggies!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Eggs & Bacon
L: Cold Roast Beef, Mayo, Baby Tomatoes
D: Roasted Pork Belly, Cauliflower Mash, Sugar Snaps, Broccoli, Green Beans
Blueberries, 1 square 85% grated and double cream.

@AtkinsMo I have found eating in Spain really easy since diagnosis. We were in Barcelona last week and ate some great Tapas and Pinchos.

Reactions: 5 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Morning!

Yesterday:
L: shop-bought chicken tikka pieces
D: bit of a long drawn out apéritif with cured ham and saucisson sec. We were meant to then have cod with aubergine slices topped with passata, espelette pepper and mozzarella but we ended up just having the cod.

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterday Wed
B half a lidl roll with a poached egg / 2 pieces of cheddar cheese cubes
L Jacobs water crackers / pate [ low fat from aldi ] 1 chicken drumstick
S 1 pear
D half a box of Pasta tuna salad [ from Aldi] / 1 piece of cheddar cheese. This was a small portion of pasta first time for me since diagnosed Type 2 in Jan this year, tested 2 hrs after dinner not raised my BG reading too much. :happy:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday Wed
B half a lidl roll with a poached egg / 2 pieces of cheddar cheese cubes
L Jacobs water crackers / pate [ low fat from aldi ] 1 chicken drumstick
S 1 pear
D half a box of Pasta tuna salad [ from Aldi] / 1 piece of cheddar cheese. This was a small portion of pasta first time for me since diagnosed Type 2 in Jan this year, tested 2 hrs after dinner not raised my BG reading too much. :happy:

I hope I'm not the bearer of bad news, but many people find with pasta that both the rises can be slower than for other cards (often due to the sauces) and/or that their rises are sustained for longer than usual, so next time I'd suggest you test for a bit longer than 2 hours.

Good luck!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Coffee with whole milk
L: Ham & tomato sandwich with Bfree brown seeded bread; raspberries & cream
D: (will be) Pork steak, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, and cheesy courgettes; more raspberries
S: Slice of ham, slice of corned beef, sugar-free almond macaroon
Cals: 1455; Carbs: 43.3g
And that represents almost unimaginable willpower, as No. 2 Granddaughter baked her first ever batch of chocolate brownies this afternoon! (I kept telling myself, "They're poisonous")
So, another Gold Star day!
:joyful:

If you like to bake with your granddaughters, could you not investigate some low carb options, then you could have a portion and they could take the rest home when they go? Could that be a valid compromise?

Reactions: 3 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Milk Coffee
B Bacon Egg & Tomato
S Milk Coffee
L Vegetable Soup
D Sausage Egg and tomato

Calories 864
Carbs 64g
Payback for my big day yesterday

D

debrasue

If you like to bake with your granddaughters, could you not investigate some low carb options, then you could have a portion and they could take the rest home when they go? Could that be a valid compromise?
Oh yes, definitely! No 1 granddaughter and I are going to bake Ewelina's lemon cake next week - she can't wait, because it's fun to have a picnic with Granny when the cake comes out of the oven. :joyful:
(Yesterday was an unplanned exercise as it was raining, No 2 granddaughter was bored with painting, and I happened to have a pre-diagnosis packet mix in the cupboard which I was glad to see leave. I hate throwing food away!)
:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, definitely! No 1 granddaughter and I are going to bake Ewelina's lemon cake next week - she can't wait, because it's fun to have a picnic with Granny when the cake comes out of the oven. :joyful:
(Yesterday was an unplanned exercise as it was raining, No 2 granddaughter was bored with painting, and I happened to have a pre-diagnosis packet mix in the cupboard which I was glad to see leave. I hate throwing food away!)
:)

I think @Brunneria has an easy Stratathingumybob cake that everyone seems to love, and can be flavoured in various ways.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday
B - Bacon & Mayo
L - sirloin steak and fried onions
D - Mattesson's pork sausage & cauli rice
S - merlot, coffee & cream, oxo broth

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - omelette muffins with bacon lardons 1/2 hp roll with butter
L - avocado chocolate mousse
D - no idea yet but it will feature cabbage heavily, plus I have just fetched a bottle of bourbon to help drown my cold ;).

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B -

L: Mozzarella, basil and tomato salad with a good slug of extra virgin olive oil....Yum!

D: Roast chicken thighs in herby duckfat, baby leaf salad, feta cheese and home made mayo

D

debrasue

B: Coffee with whole milk
L: Chicken & tomato sandwich with Bfree brown seeded bread; raspberries & cream
D: (will be) Veal & parmesan burger in a fortified Oopsie roll* with a Cheddar melt, mushrooms and salad; strawberries
S: Sugar-free almond macaroon
(*I found standard Oopsie rolls a little flaccid and unappetising, so I "fortified" the recipe with 30g of soy flour, which made the rolls more bread-like and satisfying, yet only added 20 cals and 1.7g carbs per roll.)
Cals: 1413; Carbs: 49
Another Gold Star day! :)

(BG readings yesterday were 4.9, 5.1, and 5.0; and so far today 5.0 and 5.9 - that's good, right?)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: a new experiment with a 'Higgidy little quiche' - haven't had anything like this in 3 months! BG before lunch 5.9, 2 hours afterwards 5.5 :) so I guess that is something I can eat and not worry ....

http://www.higgidy.co.uk/little-quiches - around 13g of carbs in half a quiche so fairly light - had the Bacon one

Reactions: 8 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: chicken leg, slice cheese, coffee n cream

D: marinated pork, cheesy cauli and broccoli, pepsi max

S: pepsi max