IQ of 140 or higher

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some years ago, there was a Mensa Convention in San Francisco .
Mensa, as you know, is a national organization for people who have an IQ of 140 or higher.
Several of the Mensa members went out for lunch at a local cafe. When they sat down,
one of them discovered that their salt shaker contained pepper, and their pepper shaker was full of salt.
How could they swap the contents of the two bottles without spilling any,
and using only the implements at hand? Clearly this was a job for Mensa minds.
The group debated the problem and presented ideas and finally,
came up with a brilliant solution involving a napkin, a straw, and an empty saucer.

They called the waitress over to dazzle her with their solution.
"Ma'am," they said, "we couldn't help but notice that the pepper shaker contains salt and the salt shaker contains pepper. "

But before they could finish, the waitress interrupted them. “Oh, sorry about that."
She leaned over the table, unscrewed the caps of both bottles, and switched them.
There was dead silence at the Mensa table.
This reminds me of our government: solutions could be so simple, but the brilliant minds in
Washington have to make them so complicated.

Reactions: 8 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Joke unfortunately reinforces the fiction that people with intelligence have no common sense.
There are a couple of PH.D.s I work with and they are constantly over complicating their work for no good reason. It gets frustrating as they take way too long to get things done, but still end up making mistakes.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Joke unfortunately reinforces the fiction that people with intelligence have no common sense.

As the saying goes, " the trouble with common sense, is it's just not very common".

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
People with intelligence does not necessarily equate with people with PhDs

;)
No, but not very many stupid people get PhDs. The point is that some very intelligent people have no common sense.

TimLaws

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm Nice anecdote! I myself am a Genus My Mum & Dad told me so!

Reactions: 2 people

TimLaws

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have thought of a great witty amusing and very clever reply regarding my absolute proven Genus:) but would not wish to upset anyone in a public forum, so best it remains un said!:)

TimLaws

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving the video!:) I give in,:) I am beaten,:) I surrender:)! Back to counting carbs:(