next hblc

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
could anybody help and give me some info maybe just over reacting a little dont know and am slightly concerned went for my blood test on fri and my readings on meter have been weekly avg around 6.5 personally this does me however enter the xmas does went out wed lost it with food etc woke up in the morn with a reading of 14.5 it came down after two hrs t0 8.1 then bck to normal then again thurs another do woke up with better readings but was 7.6 and then stayed around the seven mark will this make a big difference i know it was stupid but bck to the drawing board just hope it dosent make a big difference with bein so close to the bllod test

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
a one off blip will not affect your hba1c, if it comes back high looking at your diet and more testing will help,
let us know your results and merry xmas :D

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
thanks for that was concerned has like many have been quite vigorous with bs but still tried to enjoy life but once every so often you have to let go just have to wait and see now thankyou and merry xmas

IanS

I have been advised by several diabetics that I know (other than here), that an occasional treat that results in a higher than normal BG level will do you no harm at all. Opinions vary as to the frequency of these treats, but no one gave an interval longer than monthly.

Some of these 'treats' do surprise me as I have my BG well under control. Just yesterday, I went out for a rather nice Thai lunch. Thai food is generally frowned upon as being high in carbohydrates ('tis all those wonderful sauces :( ). Although I was careful, I did indulge myself a bit. BG was 5.9 before the lunch and 5.8 two hours afterwards. And with a Banana slplit for desert as well :D . However, my experience and testing tells me that I can indulge more at lunch time than I can in the evening. I suspect that the same meal for dinner would give me a BG of 9 or more.

Now I've got my first Christmas indulgence to get through. :twisted: .

IanS

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
ye thanks for the info havent been well since sunday so maybe this was something to do with this normaly they are ok get the odd spike but nothin like been having since sat am still waitin for results but thanks

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
just got my results today and my sugars were 6.3 so am quite glad been told dont need to see doctor and to make an appointment roughly at end of april for next bloods so phewww

IanS

carlos said:
just got my results today and my sugars were 6.3 so am quite glad been told dont need to see doctor and to make an appointment roughly at end of april for next bloods so phewww

From what I understand, not perfect, but very good none the less.

Achieving that magic 6.0 should be easy from here. Shouldn't it?

IanS

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
well done carlos on lowering your hba1c :D

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
thakyou i am very glad at this although it takes me out of the 5s this is my first one since coming of medicaition my next goal is to try and get bck into the fives but considering my avg readings were 21 22 in febuary am very happy with what have acheaved merry xmas to everyone and thanks for all the info its been a life saver this site