Fav hypo treat!

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I have always sworn by lucozade for 34 years. It has saved my life literally on more than one occasion.

If I am coherent and know what I'm doing and not confused and shaking I like a chocolate eclair or apple and cream turnover but unfortunately over the years my hypo symptoms have changed and now when low everything tastes bitter so that turnover is not really a treat !

I am a strong believer in having treats every now and then if levels are managed and will normally once or twice a week give a little extra insulin (novorapid) and have something nice....

wren5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't use anything like oj or lucozade it brings it up and then it falls so low I go into a coma. Jelly babies ( which I hate) followed by a banana which is great at home but a nightmare when out. And as a coeliac I can no longer have a digestive biscuit which was my stand by for 35 years.

MrBrightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
EVERYTHING!! NOM NOM NOM :) seriously - orange juice and digestives usually, glucotabs if out n about

jbabies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I generally have jelly babies (my favourite since pre diagnosis at 13yrs). Will separate them into about 12g bundles and carry these with me, otherwise would probably eat the entire bag, but so yummy

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At home I have orange juice and thoroughly enjoy it, as it's the only time I have it. When out, I used to have a fun size pack of jelly babies but now I'm a coeliac I don't know what to use. I've tried jelly tots but half of them stick to my teeth. I don't want to go back to fruit pastilles as they go hard between hypos (that's why my DSN advised me to use JBs, as they work quicker). I was wondering if jelly beans are ok after being opened for a while, or if they go hard(er) too.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Deff jelly baby's but they yummy and hard to stop at a few :p

Hattonma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always used gluco tabs. Following dafne I now used coke. It is quick and easy to drink and almost instantly raises my bg back up

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just about anything i can get my hands on really. I've always said that when they find a cure they have to sign me up for two because i'll have diabetes the next day again from munching on just about everything i can't eat right now. But on a hypo i try to take it easy and just drink a cola or eat grapes, grapes i could consider a treat but generally don't like regular cola.

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Small carton of orange juice if I'm home and properly low, if I'm just slightly below where I want to be 1 square of cadburys dairy milk normally puts me up just enough