Always depressed... Suicide awaits

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure if you can get them on prescription but I'm lucky enough to have my dad to help me out! I also have heard they are hard to get off, how have your managed to get yours off? Xxx

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I wear an omnipod patch pump and to remove that I use tea tree oil - just rub a few drops around the perimeter , wait a couple of minutes and it peels off with a minimum of fuss.

Reactions: 3 people

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately I don't have the full money to pay but my dad is helping. I'm really hoping this will help me with my diabetes and make me feel better. I've heard good things about it- apart from trying to get it off! Xx

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Unfortunately I don't have the full money to pay but my dad is helping. I'm really hoping this will help me with my diabetes and make me feel better. I've heard good things about it- apart from trying to get it off! Xx

Lovely to read some optimism Meg....

jevans82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey, I'm type 1, diagnosed age 4 and now in my 3's. It's a real pain sometimes and can really get you down, but you have to think of yourself as a whole, as a person with thoughts, feelings, traits and personality. Don't let it define you. It's a constant in your life but it's not 'you'. If you can focus and get on top of it, you'll find you feel a lot better about things. When it's all over the place and you're tired, grumpy, blurry eyes etc anything else going on in your life tends to magnify and you feel you can't cope. But I decided long ago that diabetes was just something I had to deal with, and deal with well. And those little moments when your blood is perfect, when you exercise and eat well, you feel great you've achieved and shut it up for a while. i recommend a book called 'Diabetes Burnout' which may help. If you can't afford it let me know and I'll send you my copy.
Don't give up. Don't let just one aspect of your body dictate your life. Much love and we're all here to help.

Reactions: 8 people

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm not sure if you can get them on prescription but I'm lucky enough to have my dad to help me out! I also have heard they are hard to get off, how have your managed to get yours off? Xxx

Thanks for that Meg I have gone ahead and ordered one! I don't think il be buying the sensors all the time ( I use a mobile testing one that works well) I'm just trying it more out of curiosity!

In regards to your struggles I promise you it will get better, I was diagnosed at 17 (I'm now 29) and I can honestly say it's not affected my life. I was on this forum in 2008 asking if diabetics can join the police (to get replys of absolutely not) well I've been in the force 8 years now and I live a normal life, I run a lot and within reason eat what I want. I like you struggled but it will take time and you will get there! Keep your head up and stay strong!

Reactions: 8 people