Breakfast ideas

hartj2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone...new here and wondered if we had any good quick easy breakfast suggestions I can eat before school run that doesn't include bacon and eggs ...

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Can't get much easier and quicker than chunk of cheese and cup of coffee/tea..and if you want to top that up with something with 'fresher mouth feel', few berries with bit of greek yogurt. You could even add some seeds/nuts into your yogurt as well...all good stuff!
I know you mentioned 'no eggs'..but I often have some boiled eggs, ready cooked night before in fridge..they are then quick and easy thing to grab and pocket it as and when hunger hits on a go..;) Proper fast food in the morning and sure give that sated feeling...with or without chunk of cheese.

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with @Finsky - on the days I just can't be bothered to cook eggs I have cheese, ham and yoghurt - the type of thing you'd eat in Germany fills me up and ready in an instant!

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
...Or...(I'm just thinking what I tend to do in a rush...:rolleyes:) Make yourself coffee and have it with good dollop of cream and while that is still too hot to drink..chomp through few chunky brazil nuts and rinse it all down with the creamy coffee.
There is enough energy to keep you going for couple of hours....at least!

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
...or....if you are not too 'fixated' for certain type of food for 'mornings only'...(I'm not...anything will do as long as it does the job...)....I can happily pick cold smocked mackerel straight from fridge, with boiled egg and/or avocado. No preparation time other than getting it out of fridge! ;)

.....of....a half Lidl's protein roll with thick slices of brie on top and sticks of cucumber to go with it...effortless!

mossycow

I look smoked mackerel with an oat cake.

Also I love mushrooms, courgette, bit of left over meat from the night before.... Mm mm mm bit of soy sauce.... Garlic, chilly...

When I can cook I chop extra garlic, have a garlic grinder and just grab things.

I like the cheese and ham idea.... Thanks