i need to stop smoking!!

Kelvin_Alex

I suggest you to visit Thoughtsbecomereality. co.uk they are one of the best hypnotheraphist. They provide a good tips and the best treatments to recover from smoking. They guided the clients in a better way. I became an non-smoker after following their tips and treatments.

mojomax

Hi Scotchpie,

I also gave up smoking 8 year ago, and I tried many times before that and failed. Then one year I had an awful chest infection and couldn't breath, but instead of giving up then straight away, I gave myself a date when I was going to stop. I too have an addictive personality so for me I needed help. I went to the Drs and they put me on a 10 week course of nicotine patches, but before this, like someone else said, it has to be in your head to want to stop, you can't give in to cravings as you won't be truly ready. You won't want to smoke if your head tells you not too. So the month before my "stop date" I forced myself to read all the bad things about smoking, like lung cancer (which my father died of through smoking) amputations through blocked arteries etc. Heart disease and the list goes on. I also put every stubbed cigarette end out in a jar, and I would sniff it every day before and after having a ciggy, and believe you me you will soon feel sick at the smell of stale smoke and tobacco. I went to the Drs a week or so before my "stop date" to get the patches. On the "stop date" my head was in the righ place so I put my patch on and done the 10 weeks course. You have to make regular visits to the cessation classes and they will know if you've smoked, as you have to blow into a tube to measure your carbon monoxide level. I was given an extra two weeks supply of patches as when I came to the end of my course as I worried I would suddenly give in, but you won't if your head is abosolutely sure you don't want to. Ive not looked back from that day and have never given into the "rare" craving I did have. Now I can't stand the smell of smoke (I'm not one of those preaching ex smokers) but go out of my way to avoid it. I can also smell smokers a mile off, like I used to smell. My husband has never smoked and used to say I smelled like an old ashtray, well, keep sniffing your "jar of dumps" and you'll know how that smells.
Good Luck :)

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
I gave up very easily, but I still have a dreadful habit of sidling up to people who are smoking and taking deep breaths :oops: :oops: . I have a feeling this will happen forever, but from 60 Capstan Full Strength a day I still feel this is an improvement :lol: :lol:
Val

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Trust the Chinese to come up with a gadget to bring smoking into the 21st century.

Electronic cigarrettes contain nicotine but not tobacco, so legally avoid the smoking ban here in the UK.

Google electronic cigarettes for more info or try here: ecig.org.uk

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
It should be made clear that the above website is from the USA where the law is different to the UK.

Here in the UK you cannot promote e cigs as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) as there have been no clinical trials done to sustantiate this. NRT products include such things as chewing gum, patches, etc.

The previous website, ecig.org.uk is a UK based site with all the disclaimers that apply to the UK market

Catherine_h

I stopped smoking the day I was diganosed! it was tough but worth it!

My biggest problem was that I was so used to holding a cigarette - I did consider buying an electronic ciggy but then realised I would still be addicted to nicotine!

I found this product helped

crafe-away.co.uk/product.htm

Costs just a few pounds from ASDA pharmacy!

Whenever I needed a real ciggy I told myself I would have one in five minutes - the craving goes away after 3 minutes!

I always thought cigarettes reduced stress, this is just not the case! It is far less stressfull not to have to worry if I have enough ciggys or when I can have my next ciggy!

I'm so pleased Ive stopped, will never smoke again!

raineuk

I also used champix but I still smoked for eight weeks. Then got up one morning and thought okay lets stop. With the champix I still had craving but not bad ones.
My wife had a bad reaction to champix which sent her into a very bad depression. So keep an eye on youself.
Good look and remember there's no hurry lol

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I needed a gum operation and the dentist told me I had to cut down on my smoking (2 or more packets a day). I was so fed up with people telling me to stop smoking - my friends - that I decided while out jogging that I wouldn't have a cigarette when I got home. I was motivated but also decided to help myself by using nicotine gum. It keeps your mouth busy. I didn't have any cravings thanks to the gum so didn't have to rely on willpower. It took me 6 months to give up the gum though! This was over 30 years ago and I have never smoked since. It was my third attempt to give up so keep at it - you will manage it in the end!